Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interview

• 14-03-2008 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

hi hows it goin..

just looking for some words of wisdom ;).. i went for an interview on wednesday of this week for a primary teaching job and neglected to ask at end of interview when i should expect to hear back.. does anyone have any idea when i would hear back???

thanks, i have myself tormented here watching phone ha

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

It depends on when the principal can get the members of the BOM together as the successful candidate has to be ratified by them first. The principal usually informs that person then once the Board agrees. I wouldn't give up hope if I were you til about a week after the interview as it can be hard to get everyone together for said meeting. Fingers crossed and good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Enright

from experince sucessful canditates usualy get the nod the night of the interview, to be confirmed by letter after the BOM ratifies the appointment, if its a school under the patronage of Foras Patruntachta Scoileanna Lan Gaeilge it may take a bit longer.

However, sometimes the sucessful canditate usually has several job offers and will accept each one in turn and only then choose one in preference to the others, then the principal of the school goes down the list etc, so dont give up!

A lot of jobs will shortly be coming on stream

Advertisement