Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going out with a fairly frsh tattoo

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ha, that was a good night... though i think i had to leave early for work :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

If you're getting it done that day, I would recommend NOT drinking that night. When I got my phoenix done, it bled a good bit afterwards, and I went straight to Fibbers. I'd gone straight to Snakebite from work too, so was there in a shirt, only it was a shirt with a massive patch on the back of it where the blood was soaking through... lol

As I don't drink though I knew it'd be ok so long as I didn't go rubbing it against everything!
    I'm thinking I should probably not go out at all afterwards.. another thing besides the drinking is the dancing and ensuing sweating (I is a classy bird) and I can't imagine sweating is good for a new tattoo. The streets of Fermoy will be safe from me for another while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

rain on wrote: »
    How did you get on Paul? The same subject crossed my mind earlier because I agreed yesterday to let one of my mates do my next tattoo (am I mad? I might be) and chances are we'll go out painting the town red afterwards. I'm thinking I should lay off on the drink though because surely your body is in sort of a state of shock after being tattooed for any length of time, and getting a load of pints into it probably isn't going to help. That and I woke up in such pain this morning that I don't even want to contemplate having fresh tattoo pain on top of that :o

Also, show us what you got!

It was fine. I brought a along some lotion and whenever I needed to I nipped off to dab some on. I was drinking and dancing and it was OK. There was an ouch moment when I got caught in a bit of a struggle to buy a pint type scenario but overall I'm glad I went out! Also here is the tattoo:

499460400a7119611027l.jpg

[also how's u! :D]

Oh it's so pretty! I still think I should probably leave ye olde drinking and dancing until a day that I haven't let an enthusiastic man take a needle to my stomach for three hours.

[I is good ;)]

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

scop wrote: »
    499460400a7119611027l.jpg

Nice! I likes!
    What are they holding though? I've been trying to figure that one out with no luck so far... First thought was spray can, but the shape made me think it was something else... can of mace? ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

the colours in that tatt are so weird but awesome.its well different.
    start of a sleeve???

Oh it's so pretty! I still think I should probably leave ye olde drinking and dancing until a day that I haven't let an enthusiastic man take a needle to my stomach for three hours.

[I is good ;)]

What you getting done?

Nice! I likes!
    What are they holding though? I've been trying to figure that one out with no luck so far... First thought was spray can, but the shape made me think it was something else... can of mace? ;):D

Its a spraycan. Its a cheeky little graffiti chick :D

Shimei wrote: »
    the colours in that tatt are so weird but awesome.its well different.
    start of a sleeve???

The colours are quite weird I admit, but based on an actual piece. Was going for the graffiti effect so I guess its supposed to look a little grimy, with the spray lines and whatnot. And yeah the border is done so it can develop more but need to find the next bit though I've a good few ideas.

What you getting done?
    I'll show you when it's done, whenever I tell people what I'm getting they start trying to persuade me out of it.

Personally I think getting 'Heavy Metal' in gothic lettering across my stomach is a perfectly sensible thing to do.

• Advertisement

Its a spraycan. Its a cheeky little graffiti chick :D
    Ah! :D Instinct was right then! :D It's deadly, the colours are what helped me think it was a spraycan, so really suit the image!
    Personally I think getting 'Heavy Metal' in gothic lettering across my stomach is a perfectly sensible thing to do.
    Not as sensible as getting something done in a language you can't understand, or crotch flames, á lá Justin from The Darkness
    image143os6.jpg

I'll show you when it's done, whenever I tell people what I'm getting they start trying to persuade me out of it.

Ha, that actually sounds awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

crotch flames
    @ck while tattooing lol:D

Don't think the tattoo goes quite that far Davey, but they tattoo around/near intimate areas all the time, so it wouldn't phase them. It's no worse than a piercer doing a genital piercing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Don't think the tattoo goes quite that far Davey, but they tattoo around/near intimate areas all the time, so it wouldn't phase them. It's no worse than a piercer doing a genital piercing.
    if i was doing it id put me sunglasses on lol

Ha, that actually sounds awesome!
    It occurred to me one night in a 'ha ha, wouldn't that be hilarious' kind of way, and then five minutes later I was like 'hang on, I actually really want that'. People seem to either think it's an amazing idea or an awful one.

Advertisement