Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting Online wirelessly with Eircom (again)

• 14-03-2008 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

I have identified a Falcon Elite at a local shop and after todays price drop I am thinking of replacing my launch Pro. I've never had any problems with it, but it being a launch console I live in constant fear of the red ring of death or having my disks distorted.

When I first got the wireless adapter for my 360 I had a horrible time getting it online with Eircom and I now can't find the instructions I found to do so. Can anyone give me step by step instructions for getting it online with Eircom? Would I even need to re-enter my settings or are they stored on my hard drive?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I can't say for certain, but I would assume that you would have to re-enter the details to reconnect to the wireless network.

A few questions;

Do you know what the Wireless Key is(used to connect)?

if "no"

Do you have any pc's or laptops also hooked up to the connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Yes I do indeed know my wireless key. As I recall the problem lay with having to enter further information.

I think it was ether my SSID or PPPoE settings.

Frankly if I could track down a pair of home plugs it would save me a lot of hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

Gerard, Argos sell the home plugs, I bought them to replace my wireless dongle, no hassle with them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Damien360

Gerard, Argos sell the home plugs, I bought them to replace my wireless dongle, no hassle with them...

Do you use the home plugs through a socket extension. The box for all of the home plugs states it will not work unless connected without extension. I am stuck for spare sockets and it would have to be via extension.

Currently wireless via WPA but sometimes get odd connection. Considering plugs to rule this out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Write down the settings and copy them to the new 360 :confused:

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

How much did the home plugs cost?

Advertisement