Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where Can I Get Cornmeal?

Options
  • 14-03-2008 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on some cornmeal in the North Dublin area? I've tried a couple of supermarkets but can't find it anywhere. :(

Comments

Green grocers, seedy section of a supermarket, health food shop.

They might call it Polenta or Maize.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

If all Moonbabys suggestions fail for you (as they have for me in the past few weeks -I've been searching high and low for it), Marks & Sparks now stock polenta...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

And if you get some, what can you do to make it palatable? Every time I have tried it, the dominant impression I have had was of stodge.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

It all depends on what you do with it, I don't make it into polenta but rather sprinkle it onto the oiled crust of a pizza to give colour and texture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

I was planning on making this if I could get some Cornmeal.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_34701,00.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭cookiequeen

nc6000 you need maize, I make cornbread for my husband who is american and encountered this problem at the beginning too. Cornmeal is just called maize here. You can get it ground finely, medium or coarsely. Personally I use the medium ground for my cornbread and I think it turns out pretty good. I get it in my local health food shop but my supermarket has recently started doing in the organic food section.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 66o66o

make tortilla and then tacos!

Advertisement