Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you want?

• 14-03-2008 6:13pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,807 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone.

I have been given approval from an admin to split this forum into sub-fora with the hope that it will make information easier to find.

I would appreciate your input into what sub-fora you think would be helpful/used. I'd also like to see a conprehensive structure to these new fora so that the same questions would not need to be asked and answered again and again.

As it it, the current Garda Recruitment and PSNI Recruitment threads contain an overload of information, so one of my first suggestions is to create a sub-forum called "Emergency Services Recruitment" and have a few stickies for each stage of both Garda and PSNI Recruitment.

This is your chance to have a say on the creation of the Emergency Services sub-fora.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Well,why not create create a sub-forum for the main ES?'Garda Forum','Fire Services Forum','Ambulance/EMT Forum' and then have either an 'Other' forum for Civil Defence,MRT'S etc or a 'Search And Rescue Forum' for same?

Great idea regarding recruitment forum,but maybe make them stickies and locked so as to prevent clutter.However that would require a lot of research for key tips/advice..On top of that,you could give people the option of starting a thread to ask a question they are sure has not been answered/asked already..

My 2c-eroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Definitely split the recruitment thread into yearly campaigns with stickies explaining the process. Also good idea to have some aspects of the job in the sticky such as roster, pay etc.

Also need a thread or threads for people to ask serving members of Gardai, EMTs, Fire questions/opinions about our role. No legal advice though. Thats a given

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

the idea of the recruitment forum, i think is great

re the idea ofa loada different forums, i think this is ovrkill as there is not enough traffic imo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Split law enforcement and other inc fire, ambu, search and rescue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭Tango Alpha 51

Have to agree with the other posters.

1) Gardai

2) Fire & Rescue

3) HSE National Ambulance Service

4) Other's (ie , voluntary first aid organisations, MRT, etc)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

I'd be inclined to have:

1. Gardaí/PSNI/Fire/HSE Recruitment

2. Everything else.

There's not yet enough traffic to warrant splitting it up into lots of sub-fora, but I agree it's timely to get a seperate recruitment forum spun off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Gil_Dub wrote: »
    I'd be inclined to have:

1. Gardaí/PSNI/Fire/HSE Recruitment

2. Everything else.

There's not yet enough traffic to warrant splitting it up into lots of sub-fora, but I agree it's timely to get a seperate recruitment forum spun off.

Yep that is what I would like to see, a separate sub section for all recruitment for all Emergency Services - and then general discussions in the other area.

EDIT: On another note, I must say that I think this section has taken off very well, anyone else agree?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

EDIT: On another note, I must say that I think this section has taken off very well, anyone else agree?

Agreed. With the support of the Mods our forum has done very well. I thought we would attract Trolls like flies to sh!te

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hierro

I've been thinking about this for a little while too.

I'd be inclined to have an information section on each of the recruitment stages within your sub forums, whatever you suggest.

I'd like to offer to write a piece on the aptitude test in the Gardai recruitment section.... there was also a piece on the interview which is suitable also.

Shivk's post. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55358074&postcount=9536

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Yep, agree with the others, one recruitment subforum, everthing else where it is for the moment, maybe revise this later as traffic builds up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

eroo wrote: »
    Well,why not create create a sub-forum for the main ES?'Garda Forum','Fire Services Forum','Ambulance/EMT Forum' and then have either an 'Other' forum for Civil Defence,MRT'S etc or a 'Search And Rescue Forum' for same?

Great idea regarding recruitment forum,but maybe make them stickies and locked so as to prevent clutter.However that would require a lot of research for key tips/advice..On top of that,you could give people the option of starting a thread to ask a question they are sure has not been answered/asked already..

My 2c-eroo

I would agree with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ScubaDave

Recruitment subforum then everything else!

Advertisement