Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The shortest way from Greystones to Rathfarnham - shelter? (avoiding M50)

Options
  • 14-03-2008 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

I'm starting to work as a volunteer in DSPCA shelter in Rathfarnham and I have no idea what's the shortest and best way to get there if I can't use M50? I'm not familiar with these areas so perhaps any others volunteers from Greystones work there as well and could give some advice? :)

Would be very thankful!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

I would go via M50, but take the Tallaght exit, stay in the far right lane at the slip road and turn right on to Templeogue Road, go right at the Spawell roundabout and you come out near Butterfields pub. The Firhouse exit will land you in a tail back as there are a lot of schools between there and the Yellow House in Rathfarnham.

On a bad morning you can take the Iniskerry Road, go left towards lamb Doyles and then cross into Ballyboden which borders Rathfarnham. You will hit school traffic there around 9am.
    There is a bus corridor being constructed around Marley Park so It is best to avoid that area for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

Hammie as the OP said avoiding M50........

Up N11 towards city centre, turn left at Foster avenue

left onto woodside drive

left onto riverside drive

this brings you into rathfarnham village.

I'm not familair with the area so cant give landmarks, sorry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Head up to Enniskerry off the N11 on the twenty bends road (or whatever it's called).

Just as you come into Enniskerry, take the right turn towards the Scalp. Carry on down via the Scalp and Kiltiernan to Lamb's Cross and turn left at Lambs Cross towards Rathfarnham. (Lambs cross is preceeded on the right hand side by Aiken's Village and has a Gala Convenience store on the corner where you'll be turning).

Follow this road (it's very narrow up to Lamb Doyle's pub, so go easy!) until you get to the crossroads at the back of Marlay Park, there are traffic lights here. The road veers right towards Rathfarnham, but you should keep straight on, so that Marlay Park stays on your right (College Road). This road runs parallel to the M50.

At the end of this road is a t junction where you should turn left to go under the M50. As soon as you go under the M50 you'll come to a roundabout. Take the exit to turn right and then follow this road to Rockbrook.

At the end of this road (this is where it gets tricky!), there's a really difficult junction where you will take an incredibly sharp left turn. There are loads of signposts here. Going straight on at this junction will take you to Rathfarnham, but there may (or may not) be a signpost here for DSPCA and/or Mount Venus Cemetary

Once you've turned left, you'll go up about 50m or so and turn right. DSPCA is on the same road as Mount Venus Cemetary and a GAA club.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Kruk

Thank you kindly for your replies. Aprreciate it :)

Advertisement