Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50 Player Ship map.

• 14-03-2008 7:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

AAAAARGH!

I am still hearing grenades tinking even when I am not in the game anymore.

Bloody hell that map is a nightmare on 50 Player DM.

You might as well not bring a gun.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Back Prince

wats 50 player deathmatch is this on pc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

??????????????????????????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

for a laugh we set our server to 64 man wetwork before - probably the most chaotic game ever until it crashed - 20 kill airstrikes, 10 snipers and the permanent sound of explosions - not something u wud want to play very often

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭2347

Yeah it's on PC. Us non PC gamers can only play with up to 18.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Hercule wrote: »
    for a laugh we set our server to 64 man wetwork before - probably the most chaotic game ever until it crashed - 20 kill airstrikes, 10 snipers and the permanent sound of explosions - not something u wud want to play very often

As far as I am aware the most the engine can handle is 52 ( or 54 ,can never remember ) slots . I was not aware you could even enable 64 man server.

When he says DM he means free for all . And I am assuming he means shipment rather then wetwork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Im new to the game, the map names havent sunk in yet. Its the cargo ship map, the one at night on the ships top deck.
    One grenade can wreak havoc, and there are about 20 in the air at any one time. Its stupid to play with 50 players on this map.

tinktinkBOOMtinktinktinkBOOMBOOM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

When he says DM he means free for all . And I am assuming he means shipment rather then wetwork.

He probably means 'Death Match' and if its a map on a ship, yeah he probably means Wetwork, would shipment even be able to handle that many players? I mean its chaos with any more than 10!

As far as I am aware the most the engine can handle is 52 ( or 54 ,can never remember ) slots . I was not aware you could even enable 64 man server.

i was aware of all of these facts when i posted - im talking about how much more chaotic wetwork 64 man is (mainly due to the rain)

robby^5 wrote: »
    He probably means 'Death Match' and if its a map on a ship, yeah he probably means Wetwork, would shipment even be able to handle that many players? I mean its chaos with any more than 10!

Death Match IS free for all :p .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭ToughyIRE

The maps ok, what ruins it is noobs with the 3 nade perk and martyrgrenades!:mad:

• Advertisement

ToughyIRE wrote: »
    The maps ok, what ruins it is noobs with the 3 nade perk and martyrgrenades!:mad:

QFT

Completely agree man .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

You can't really be a 'noob' if you've managed to attain the 3 grenade perk.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah you can. You just have to play the game...
    I'm not sure how I got the perk, just did, no trying.

Yeah you can. You just have to play the game...
    I'm not sure how I got the perk, just did, no trying.

Yeah, but you've to play the game quite a good bit - You've to get to Level 41 / Colonel to unlock it. I'd describe a 'noob' as someone who's new to the game, since that's what it means. I'd never actually use the word 'noob' though... ;)

I don't mean for this post to make me sound like a smarmy d*ck, but I have a pet hate for the word.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ah if that is what it means to you than grand, but old players can be bad and have the other meaning applied to them. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

It's not a great map with large numbers of players, not a fan of it myself at all.

Not sure about the 'noobs with grenades' though... I played on one of the Irish servers (iE) and they had a 'no abuse of 3xfrag' rule showing on the console. It came to this map and i just got fed up being killed by grenades, so I spectated the game and ALL of the iE guys I could see were spawning and stright away blindly lobbing 3 grenades every time... Cheap/lame playing is definitely not just the preserve of 'noob' players.

There are planty of level 55's that are "noobs". You can reach level 55 in 2 or 3 days . Even if they have been playing for months, but they play like a "noob" then I would consider then just that .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

ToughyIRE wrote: »

The map was designed for 16 players, the game is for consoles first. On a console, the 3 nade perk and martyrdom would only allow a good score if the other team were atrocious.

Or alternatively you could try a 50 player map with "FF" turned on. The results of nade spamming and martyrdom because less effective when scores reach negatives.

Keep in mind, pc players have taken most of the dynamics and strategy out of the game by boosting player numbers on maps designed 20 players max. I would hope that the 50 players servers start to use maps created for larger numbers, like what CSS did for the larger servers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭ToughyIRE

It's not a great map with large numbers of players, not a fan of it myself at all.

Not sure about the 'noobs with grenades' though... I played on one of the Irish servers (iE) and they had a 'no abuse of 3xfrag' rule showing on the console. It came to this map and i just got fed up being killed by grenades, so I spectated the game and ALL of the iE guys I could see were spawning and stright away blindly lobbing 3 grenades every time... Cheap/lame playing is definitely not just the preserve of 'noob' players.

I know the two muppets your talking about, I was actaully on the server at the time and noticed those two particular players doing what you said, annoying that they have to dip to that low a standard. Pretty sad but they are just lowies anyways, pub nubs.:p
    ALL iE players dont use gay perks, but some just dont learn.

played on one of the Irish servers (iE) and they had a 'no abuse of 3xfrag' rule showing on the console. It came to this map and i just got fed up being killed by grenades, so I spectated the game and ALL of the iE guys I could see were spawning and stright away blindly lobbing 3 grenades every time... Cheap/lame playing is definitely not just the preserve of 'noob' players

We try to get our match team members to use stock perks - the two guys your talking about Revvir and Asmo are our noobs :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Do they use martyrdom too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 .:iE/Dixy

Martyrdom being used by a .:iE/ member is a kickable offence and i dont mean from the server i mean a swift kick in the arse for being a muppet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Good job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Yep, its Wetwork. I played it on a FF Hardcore server yesterday. Lets just say that there can be a teency bit of bad language when your grenade bounces back.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I think Bloc with that many players is worse, not a favourite of mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Martydom isn't allowed on our hardcore server because ff is on.
    But if i had my way i'd break the legs of those who use last stand.....

haha, you can't say that :p Last Stand with a silenced pistol is deliciously evil in it's head-wrecking ability.

Kharn wrote: »
    haha, you can't say that :p Last Stand with a silenced pistol is deliciously evil in it's head-wrecking ability.

Is there an advantage to your last stand pistol being silenced? I mean, I know they won't see you on the UAV and everything... But is there something else I'm missing?

Kharn wrote: »

Is there an advantage to your last stand pistol being silenced? I mean, I know they won't see you on the UAV and everything... But is there something else I'm missing?

• Advertisement

if it's a bit busy around your death and not hearing/seeing you on the radar, you'll sneak 1 or 2 kills (3's my best).

Advertisement