Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRS Applications - help needed

Options
  • 14-03-2008 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hi Boards members

I would greatly appreciate anybody help who have experience with TRS Application forms or TRS system

Just to explain

I got out a small mortgage on a site I had last year , it was for 45,000 euro , I didnt apply for any first time buyer relief at the time , because I didnt know I could have availed of this as I was not told by bank

but to cut a long story short , I paid back the mortage in full after a year

and I got a letter back today from my building society enclosing my certificate of mortage interest

which states that I paid 2,595 interest and on the letter it says

AS YOU HAVE NOT BEEN ADDED TO THE TAX RELIEF AT SOURCE SYSTEM IT WILL BE NECESSARY FOR YOU TO COMPLETE A TRS APPLICATION FORM WITH THE REVENUE COMMISSION

So they sent me my mortgage statements and certificate of interest

I am wondering do I owe money ? Or can I claim back money

I am a complete idiot at this stuff and I did not want to fill out anything on the Revenue Commisssion site without knowing what I am doing

Sorry if I sound stupid , I just never had any experience with this and I have no body to advise me

should I go to a broker or ring the building society

any suggestions would be great appreciated

cheers Karl

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

carlos30 wrote: »
    I am wondering do I owe money ?
    I doubt it.
    Or can I claim back money
    Tax relief is given for principal private residences. If you only have a site, I suspect you can't claim anything back, but ask the Revenue.

Advertisement