Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Webbing

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I've edited the earlier post by king-stew to make the images more friendly to those on dial up. Just click them for a larger image.

As you may know Pathfinder is now site banned. So there's no point flogging that dead horse any more. I'm not keen on muppets. ;)

Let's get back to business without interruptions.

Oh yes, in case you didn't notice I've re-upped as Military Mod. Hard luck lads. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

In the 70s we were issued with the 38 pattern webbing and before that it was the ww1 pattern 1908 pattern webbing you see in all ww1 films. The big boo boo the army made was telling us that each rig had two ;bastic' pouches. It seems that some office boy made a boo boo and spelled basic BASTIC and the name stuck and no-one copped on. Blancoing the webbing was handy enough and they were very strong and you can get the 38 pattern webbing on ebay cheap enough but the 1908 pattern could cost you over 700 euro for a full set.
    Regards.
    Tom

Advertisement