Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Council Promoting Cycling in April

Options
  • 14-03-2008 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭

I understand cork city council are making a serious effort to promote city cycling in April.

I will post details or links as soon as I get them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

roadmanmad wrote: »
    I understand cork city council are making a serious effort to promote city cycling in April. I will post details or links as soon as I get them.
    We're doomed then!

Last time a government department promoted cycling, the same day, Dublin City promptly closed the inbound route from Clontarf through Fairview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Freddy687

I heard that they are also doing so kind of bike swap event, bikes and bits for sale, etc.
    Will post any info I get if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭roadmanmad

After I have posted the details, you can update with anything left out

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭King Kelly

Any idea where I could get further info on what events might be involved in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

http://www.corkcorp.ie/ourservices/roadstransportation/trafficdivision/cycling/

Cycling Events in 2008

Cork City Council is promoting cycling awareness and bicycle use and by developing a vast range of activities and shows with local partners:

* Bike Swap Shop (29 March 2008): the not-to-be-missed opportunity to swap your second-hand bicycle;

* Bike training courses for adults, as part of Cork Lifelong Learning Festival (7-13 April 2008): get back on your bike with confidence ;

* Bike to Work Week (26-30 May 2008): one week to promote commuting on two-wheels and improve cycling at the work place ;

* Cork Cycling Festival (23 to 27 July 2008): an arts festival to celebrate the bicycle culture in Cork;

* Rebel Pedal Parade!, as part of European Mobility Week (20 September 2008): the annual enticing and joyful bike parade of Cork City;

* Autumn Bike Fashion Show (November 2008): a celebratory exhibition of the latest trends in innovative bikes, raingear, winter clothes and lights ;

* Warm Drinks for Cyclists (December 2008): war m drinks offered to the brave commuters riding their bicycles in winter.

An Internet portal on cycling in Cork will also be put on line in summer 2008 to provide useful information and news on the latest events to the whole community of Cork cyclists.

You have to love a Council who'll give us cycle fashion shows, and hot drinks, but do nothing serious to make it safer........... :mad:

PS - Was their seperating of the word 'war' from 'warm' accidental, or an indication that they know what the mean streets can be like when on two wheels battling against 4-wheeled cages driven by morons............

• Advertisement
Advertisement