Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to train for a Triathlon in 2 months?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,108 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Swimming is the part that kills me. Ive only done two Tri's thus far and had no proper training done before them (they were sprints). I had intended training but last year I broke my collarbone (and again a week after the Tri!!) and was just out of the sling 3 to 4 weeks before so i was just about able to use the arm swimming a week before.

I had only got to 4 or 5 lengths and being exhausted the year before (that yr did a medial menisus (spelling??) in my knee so hadnt any proper training either. But on the day itself i was able for it, probably because of the whole occassion thing. I did struggle alright though. My main problem with fresh water swimming is i panic when i plunge the head under water for long periods! I had very unsuitable goggles so i think i need to get some better ones (anyone recommend some good big clear vision ones??) so i dont panic as much. Im hoping this year in can get over this.

I have signed up for the Athy and Focus Ireland (both Sprints) Tri's but am hoping i can complete the Dublin City one at the end of the summer. I use to be a strong swimmer but have lost all that through not swimming for years!

I think it's everyones hardest part when theyb start off! I need to get myself a suitable wetsuit and get to fresh water more often i think but they're so expensive!! (can anyone recommed a decent one for less than 200 to 250 or should in really spend more?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 devineamydevine

Baambata,

I personally like the Aquasphere style goggle as they allow me better all round vision as I swim.

As for a wetsuit, it really is a matter of how much you want to spend but the main criteria for choosing one are bouyancy (especially in the hip area) and flexibility in the shoulder area. It should fit snugly but not tightly - I tried a few sizes before I was happy with the fit even though there was very little in the difference.

Advertisement