Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whatgrass seeds

• 15-03-2008 1:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

What exactly do you do with wheatgrass seeds?

I bought a bag of organic ones and am not sure whether to eat them or plant them and eat/juice the wheatgrass that might grow. I've been told that's what you have to do, plant them and juice the grass.

I have a book on wheatgrass but it only tells you what to do with the wheatgrass, not what you do with the seeds. I presumed you could just eat the seeds as well lol.

Thanks! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

Bump! Anyone?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I don't know, to be honest - but I suppose it depends where you bought them. I mean, if I bought a bag of seeds in a health food shop between the linseeds and the sunflower seeds, I'd be expecting to sprinkle them on my museli, not pot them out.

The same way I don't expect to chow down on a packet of anything I buy in the hardware gardening section.

A quick google suggests that yes, you've gotta grow them and use the wheat grass itself, not be noshing the seeds.

Were they very expensive? I ask because if you've not grown them before, it might be better to do it a batch at a time. Seeds will lie dormant and last a long time if you store them in an airtight box in the fridge door (there's a gardening tip for ye).

Advertisement