Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CA M15A4 Sportsline

Options
  • 15-03-2008 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭

Got my M15A4 Sportsline today, (Thanks much to Tony from eirsoft).
    I am more than happy with this rifle.
    Its nice and weighty but centered nicely. Very sturdy, the only shaking I can find is in the retractable stock, and thats on every M4.
    100_0246.jpg
    The quality of the finish is quiet impressive, although its ABS(receiver), its not even especially obvious even when you run your fingers over it. The trademarks are all there and it even comes with a unique serial number.cool.gif

The metal exterior parts are: The Hi-Cap Magazine, Trigger, Delta Ring, Barrel, Flash Hider, Charging Handle, Bolt Relese(Dummy), Stock Tube, Safety switch, Front Sling Swivel, Mag release, Dust Cover, Body Pins, Carry handle mounting screws, Rear Sights(including adjustment dials), the Front Sight.
    These metal parts appear to have a deliberate battleworn look to them, (every other Sportline I've seen is the same) and I find it quiet a nice touch.
    The ABS body parts (Receiver, Stock, Barrel Casing, Rail) are all nicely finished and are comfortable to the touch, no flaws or jagged seems.
    100_0248.jpg
    The safety lever works perfectly, snaps into position with no wobble.
    The Mag-Release works nice, smoothly and deliberately ie. the button is just stiff enough that the mags wont slide out if you push up against something, but come out with relative ease at the users touch.
    The charging handle oberates smoothly, and has a working safety feature to ensure it isnt pulled back if lets say snaggeg by a bush. The dust dover opens to reveal the hop-unit.
    (Just a note on the dust cover, be careful when charging that the catch doest break, leaving the cover permenantely open. Not a huge deal, but just be careful.)
    100_0265.jpg
    The detachable carry handle reveals the 20mm standard rail for various sights. The sights on the handle itself are fully adjustable, and like most M4/M16 rifles there are two to choose from, a pin-hole for accurate shooting and a standard size aperture for automatic/general use.
    100_0254.jpg
    100_0271.jpg
    The magazine feeds well and there is no play, it stays firmly in place.
    The flash hider is removable and when removed displays a 14mm thread for silencers.

The barrel casing splits in two through the use of the Delta ring, to reveal ample space for your batterie. Theres loads of room for a 9.6V Crane battery, but apparently you'll require bushing upgrades to deal with the extra oommpphh!!
    100_0266.jpg
    I'm am not an expert or even amatuer in internals so unfortunately I cant give much details there.

However I do know the barrel is nice and tight and DOES give very good grouping.
    100_0268.jpg
    Unfortunately my camera battery ran out before I could do some groupings test.frown.gif
    The ROF with an 8.4 1500mAh (which I bought seperately(not the one in the pi))is very impressive. The sound is quiet good too, possibly because of the ABS mody not holding in sound like a metal body would. From experience with my brothers rifle, I'd say its about 310~320(again this is roughly, defo not much less if it is less.)

This rifle is goo for customization(spelling?) Theres the RIS on top of the reciever, the threaded barrel tip. Other then that you could install a full RIS system and use a PEQ box for battery storage(the wiring is long enough to allow that). If you dont want the front sight to interfere with your scope/red-dot then you can remove the whole sight.
    100_0244.jpg

So there it is, all in all I'd say this is an exceptional gun for the price. In fact IMO even if the price was higher it'd still be a very, very good gun.
    Hope this was helpful.smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement