Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording & PA???

Options
  • 15-03-2008 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

my Band is keen to start recording and gigging. I'm wondering what would be a good quality, affordable PA that would be up for gigging, and what microphone would be best for capturing our amp and drum sounds. Well be recording onto a BR600. i heard about some model from shure?? i also heard that its best to record with alot of dead, sound-absorbing material around. can anyone with a bit of knowledge offer some tips??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Everything PA depends on your budget. No point recommending a €5k rig if you won't spend over €500.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭somerandomguy

let's say 800euro for a PA. what exactly would i need in terms of speakers mixers etc.??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I'm not gonna waste your time here by showing you stuff you cant/wont afford, so I'll assume you just want to do it like most other rock bands and just buy anything that works rather than hold out for something better. In which case, the world is your oyster for cheap and cheerful stuff, this has been covered numerous times before so have yourself a gander and arm yourself with some nuggets of information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

let's say 800euro for a PA. what exactly would i need in terms of speakers mixers etc.??
    Unless you are going to Maplin e800 wont get you much for a band.

Advertisement