Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toyota Caldina

• 15-03-2008 2:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭

Looking at one of these, Its an import only 50k kms on the clock, Its like a carina e estate, 2 litre automatic diesel. Body great sounds great, drives great, its 1996, 4k euro, What you reckon, I am almost about to buy ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

intheknow wrote: »
    Looking at one of these, Its an import only 50k kms on the clock, Its like a carina e estate, 2 litre automatic diesel. Body great sounds great, drives great, its 1996, 4k euro, What you reckon, I am almost about to buy ?

is this it?
    800px-1997_Toyota_Caldina_01.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

800px-1992_Toyota_Caldina_01.jpg

or this one?

The Toyota Caldina is an automobile manufactured by Toyota for the Japanese market and was released on 1992. It replaced the Toyota Carina Surf.
    While the Caldina has never been officially exported by Toyota outside of Japan, its 4WD capability and large capacity have made it a popular used-car import in rural South America, such as the dusty roads of Bolivia. These vehicles have been converted to left hand drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

4k is tooo much for one of them , 1500-2000 at best

if i had 4k to blow id buy an old 5 serise estate and haver a faster , more styish family wagon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Toyota/Avensis/Diesel-Automatic4WD/922774/

FTW! useless info; they only stopped making the Caldina based Carina E estate in 2001 called the Caldina van, very basic.

-VB-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Anyone spending 3.5k on a former taxi, Jap import with over 100k on the clock needs their head felt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MarinoMark

Anyone spending 3.5k on a former taxi, Jap import with over 100k on the clock needs their head felt.

Who said it was a taxi, who said there was100k on the clock ?, I will take 50 quid of what your on:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭maidhc

MarinoMark wrote: »
    Who said it was a taxi, who said there was100k on the clock ?, I will take 50 quid of what your on:D:D

Whatever is on the dash of the link above resembles a meter to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

It says X-taxi in the description too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Perhaps it would be advantageous to read the description in the link (volvoboys) before posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

i want y head lifted as my fsather drove ( with no issues what so ever ) a 1996 ex-taxi'ed primera all the way to 318k miles without even servicing it , though at 310 it did drink a fair bit of oil.... drove it down the strand out as far as we could to the tide and let it take it....

but my point is the extaxi doesnt mean anything unless its been driven into the ground.... even then it will last a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MarinoMark

800px-1992_Toyota_Caldina_01.jpg

or this one?

The Toyota Caldina is an automobile manufactured by Toyota for the Japanese market and was released on 1992. It replaced the Toyota Carina Surf.
    While the Caldina has never been officially exported by Toyota outside of Japan, its 4WD capability and large capacity have made it a popular used-car import in rural South America, such as the dusty roads of Bolivia. These vehicles have been converted to left hand drive.

This one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

S.I.R wrote: »
    i want y head lifted as my fsather drove ( with no issues what so ever ) a 1996 ex-taxi'ed primera all the way to 318k miles without even servicing it , though at 310 it did drink a fair bit of oil.... drove it down the strand out as far as we could to the tide and let it take it....

but my point is the extaxi doesnt mean anything unless its been driven into the ground.... even then it will last a while.

Thats Fukin Discrasful dumping a car in the sea like that.......Stupid Scummer Twat.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Can't judge from the info you've given, but if it's a Japanese import Caldina diesel then it doesn't look right. Japanese aren't keen on diesel, other than as work mobiles. The Caldina was a popular car for mobile reps or service staff, so it will have been minded well but is still likely a work car. 50k on a '96 suggests a serious mileage (km) haircut on the way over...

Overall a nice and popular car in Japan, but from your info it doesn't smell right. 4k is too much for most 12 year old cars in the current market.

Without a link/more info couldn't tell you more than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Mr.Boots wrote: »
    Thats Fukin Discrasful dumping a car in the sea like that.......Stupid Scummer Twat.:mad:

My sentiments exactly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

Mr.Boots wrote: »

+1

S.I.R your 'oul fella should be ashamed of himself, scumbag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭Terrontress

The ad volvoboy posted was a taxi with 116k miles and costing €3,500.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

€4k for a 12 year old Jap import is almost as crazy as believing it has only done 50k km.

Almost everything off the boat from Japan only seems to have around 50k km on the clock. These barbers have no imagination whatsoever. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 anna08

Hi, I am looking for buying a left hand drive car, year between 2006-2009 if any one have available, please let me know.

Thanks

Advertisement