Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Helicopter

Options
  • 15-03-2008 5:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

I live near the IFSC in north inner city, The garda helicopter hovers over my house from 1am for hours on end, Can I complain to anyone, just getting my sleep togetger and now this !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Flush your stash. They're onto you.

Complaining is for pussys, take action, shoot the thing down.
    Watch an episode of Macgyver for inspiration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

Ring the gards.. oh wait

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Dashticle

Burn someones house down on the southside then run home and get some sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,252 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

if only there was some sort of devices you could stick in your ears to block out the sound....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

You could always move to a less dodgy area?*

*I'm aware the IFSC itself is fine but I'm also aware that there's some rough areas surrounding it.

EDIT: In before Biko.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

The Garda Helicopter started to fly over head when I snuck people into college via a side door :(. I was soon cornered by security. Feck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Next time you hear the chopper about, take a walk down Sheriff St. Go up to the first group of 3 or more skangers you see and ask the following " are ye the bunch of no-good tossers who are attracting the Garda chopper to our fine area ? ". You'll be sleeping like a baby within seconds, guaranteed.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Maybe the pilot is some kinda weirdo stalking his ex who happens to live near to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

Duiske wrote: »
    Next time you hear the chopper about, take a walk down Sheriff St. Go up to the first group of 3 or more skangers you see and ask the following " are ye the bunch of no-good tossers who are attracting the Garda chopper to our fine area ? ". You'll be sleeping like a baby within seconds, guaranteed.

i know the op is complaining about not being able to sleep, but i still think he wants to wake up afterwards

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Live in the same area and the copper chopper wrecks my head. Seems to hang around a lot on match days in Croke Park too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

el tonto wrote: »
    Live in the same area and the copper chopper wrecks my head. Seems to hang around a lot on match days in Croke Park too.

Well, that's to be expected.
    Try living beside the stadium and some slack-jawed ticket checkers asked you for ID just to walk down your road. They were passing comment on my shopping bag at the Scotland rugby game :mad:
    The gardai at the cordon are sound though

OP, you are in probably the safest area in Dublin right now.
    4 uniformed gardai on Sheriff St 24/7, a car with two armed detectives during the day and then the helicopter some nights.
    Constant foot patrols throughout the IFSC

So turn your post around and be thankful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

MarinoMark wrote: »
    I live near the IFSC in north inner city, The garda helicopter hovers over my house from 1am for hours on end, Can I complain to anyone, just getting my sleep togetger and now this !!

They found that post about what you found in your taxi. :pac:

They hover above my area alot late night as well. Is it just a show of strength? I could understand something might be up if sirens were blaring all over, but there sually isnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MarinoMark

got a 10 million candle power lamp, its massive, gonna blind them tonight !!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

He's probably just drunk and having a laugh/showing off to some girls. Would you give him a break?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

rb_ie wrote: »
    You could always move to a less dodgy area?*

*I'm aware the IFSC itself is fine but I'm also aware that there's some rough areas surrounding it.
    Darn straight. Got the bus from Heuston to Connolly Station last Sunday night around 8.30, planned to walk over to my brother's place in Ringsend. Holy crap, not a hope.
    OP, seriously, would a move be out of the question? Might seem a bit drastic to move on account of being kept awake but it's not a nice area, and what's your rent like? I may be wrong but I'm assuming it's quite high, given how central the place is.
    In before Biko.
    I've out-Biko-ed Biko. Moved from After Hours.

Advertisement