Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First to break 4,000,000 points in 3dMark 09

• 15-03-2008 7:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

How about it lads,

Some of us have some serious kit now, how about we all lay down 20 notes each, and the first to hit 22k in 3d06 takes the money ?

Thankfully Glines sli rig is about to be sold :p

So far the best i can get is 18200ish ( 2 x 8800gtx , 3rd card seems to add no advantage ). And thats pusing everything to the max. 3.6ghz, 1200mhz ram . 790gpu/1350mem/1650shader,.

And as some of you have found out, by direct pm from me or found out form a friend, how do you feel about a irish overclocking club ? Is it worth the effort ? or would you rather not bother with it ?

Lemme know as i can have the domain registered again, and forums/hosting etc etc up in a matter of days. And yeah, i will be looking for help with this.

" The only rules to this are

1. It has to be all you own gear.
    1.a You can borrow gear, like ram of gfx.
    , cpu, etc etc
    2. Liquid or air is fine
    2.a ln2/chilled/dice etc etc will encur a point redution (which will be hefty )

The rules are opbviousy not 100%, so if you have an addition or idea just lemme know.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Overclockers Club sounds cool, could have a get together a few times a year for a small lan / e-peen contest :) maybe even some LN2 benching :D

btw, Rules 1 and 1a seem to contradict each other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I'm well up for an Irish oc club/team. Awhir & myself been on about it for ages. Hopefully with sponsorship. I'm available to help if ya need it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

dude... it's going to take some grunt to pass 22,000. Maybe if we arranged a meet up and each of us donates one part to a rig purely to break 22,000. ln2 would seem the way to go (although if unseen donated one of his contraptions ;) it might be easier)

My system seems to top out at the moment at 14,100 pts in 3Dmark06. I'd need a completely new cooling system and better hardware to even hope at breaking 20k.

I'd say the best bet would be an overclocked quad crossfire rig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

ud need ln2 on cpu and phase on gfx's to beat 22k

also a nice chips and maby 2 3870x2's(not sure how they purform under -c) or 2 3870's or 8800gt's or 8800gtxs :)

also we would need some1 to offer there board and we would need to V.mod it and also maby swap some caps,and same with gfxs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

I will be getting 2 9800gtx's when they are released in a few weeks, cards are on pre order in france for €280 each....

I get 14.6k with Q6700 @ 3.44ghz, 8800gtx @ 640/1080

Q6700 can be overclocked a little higher and the 9800gtx are supposedly insane overclockers, might get 16.5k with one of them overclocked to the max.

Two of them may just touch 21k, with a few tweaks, who knows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

just to show what your up against

attachment.php?attachmentid=74076&stc=1&d=1205453975

me thinks a 5 or close to 6 ghz quad , a pair of ultras or 3870x2's or even 2900xts

holy sheeet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

22k should be easy enough for us to hit. We havent a hope of hitting anywhere near 30k unless someone wants to buy a QX9650.

i guess i could hold onto my 2900 for this. getting 120-150 on adverts is a bit lame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Chosen will get it with his 4.7Ghz quad penryn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Anti wrote: »
    22k should be easy enough for us to hit. We havent a hope of hitting anywhere near 30k unless someone wants to buy a QX9650.

or even a QX9770...:D nobody have any contacts at intel? ill have 3 good friends there, but theyre only startin in may :(

papu wrote: »
    i guess i could hold onto my 2900 for this. getting 120-150 on adverts is a bit lame.

Donate / sell it to the Overclocker's trust! A second 2900 on ebay, a decent Penryn, a splash of LN2 and we will hit 22k easily :)

**edit** How about we have a get together at the next midlans or something? theres loads of room inside and outside the hall and there would be no trouble using LN2 where as in a Hotel there may be :P Its also a lot less organising and its cheaper, maybe we could get in contact with pyro see if he is interested / if any of the sponsors want to get in on the action? OMG GIEF US A QX9650!!! :D

conzymaher wrote: »
    Donate / sell it to the Overclocker's trust! A second 2900 on ebay, a decent Penryn, a splash of LN2 and we will hit 22k easily :)

**edit** How about we have a get together at the next midlans or something? theres loads of room inside and outside the hall and there would be no trouble using LN2 where as in a Hotel there may be :P Its also a lot less organising and its cheaper, maybe we could get in contact with pyro see if he is interested / if any of the sponsors want to get in on the action? OMG GIEF US A QX9650!!! :D

A skulltrail will be nice :D

conzymaher wrote: »

that would be pretty sweet and not to mention boost the hype about the lan , if it were the place or work of the irish Overclockers , or IOC .

also....LN2!!!!!:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::eek:

that would be pretty sweet and not to mention boost the hype about the lan , if it were the place or work of the irish Overclockers , or IOC .

also....LN2!!!!!:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::eek:

well ln2 is not hard to get we just need some1 with lots of money :) (chosen) :)

lol poor guy , anywho a pint of ln2 is the same as a pint of gunness , so all's we need is a fund or sponser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

We don't need money, we have unseen ;)

I have sourced a supplier or dice up here in dublin. Ill give them a ring on tuesday to see if we can get ln2. the bigger problem is getting the pots :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

In fairness not really considering you can get 9600GT for 160, and HD3870 for the same price, if I got 150 for an old HD2900 I'd be fairly happy!

I got a Hd3870 OC edition with Zerotherm cooler for 170 second hand....and this was before the price drops.

r ye still jus tryin ta break the 22k mark...or r ye considerin tryin for the record....?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

ive got some nice mushkin xp2 8000 that likes high voltage if thats any good to yee's!

r ye still jus tryin ta break the 22k mark...or r ye considerin tryin for the record....?

I doubt we can go for the record. But its worth a try.

has UNSEEN moved ta the country yet?...he could be useful :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

He came here a month ago, he is temporarily staying with me.
    I don't want to talk on his behalf, but I assume that unless he gets a proper job and place to stay with his missus, he won't have the time for his DI/SS/LN2 hobby...

well i can lend my E8400 :) currently @ 4.3 stable :D

and u can do it with one card :D

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=1892906

cool all we need is a quad penny @ 5.6 ghz ..:P and a 512 Gts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭unseen

Heyy i can help if you want :) Pot is not a problem i have some...
    pict0003770.jpg

Also i will bring to ireland one cascade and one single stage hopefully in April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

this would be the kind of meet up i'm talkin about.

some beer, ln2 and a crack at getting boards.ie on the overclockers map :D

hmm how about we have it in galway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

cool all we need is a quad penny @ 5.6 ghz ..:P and a 512 Gts

All of the 3D Mark WRs in that chart are done with single cards....

Why is that?

Does the heat from the second card affect the cpu overclocking that much?

The quad sli drivers for the 9800gx2 are supposedly released in mid April,yee dont have much time lol....

Advertisement