Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First to break 4,000,000 points in 3dMark 09

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

the chart doesnt show if its crossfire or not , most of the 2900 and ultras are crossfire/ sli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

sounds liike a good idea. i wouldnt mind throwing in a score for the 22k beating :P

I thought this was discussed before about a meet up and nothing ever happens ?? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

gline wrote: »
    sounds liike a good idea. i wouldnt mind throwing in a score for the 22k beating :P

I thought this was discussed before about a meet up and nothing ever happens ?? :(

Yeah it was, this time we need to pull the finger out and get this going.

Id be happy to throw up my 8800GTx's for use with ln2. Im not to bothered if they die.

So what dates, and locations suit people? Do you want to do this at a lan? Or do you want to rent out a lab for the day ?

I have checked with http://www.polarice.ie/ And they are happy to sell me some dice, but they dont do ln2.

I have just set myself up an account with http://www.bocgases.ie/ And they are willing to to sell me ln2. How ever i do not have a price as of yet but they will be ringing me sometime today and ill update then.

Ooooookay. From boc it looks like i can only buy by the tanker load :o So if anyone wants to front £28,900 be my guest :p

But after doing some ringing around and pulling in a few favours ive managed to source us a company that is willing to sell me ln2 by the litre ( €2.50 ) but the minimum ammount they will deliver is 20L.

So thats the ln2 and dice sorted, the only other thing we will need is a container. The smallest i can get suitible for ln2 is 180L. And they are seriously expensive. So can any of you find a 20-30L container?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

coffey flask :)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Yeah, wouldn't 20 or so 1 litre Stainless Steel flasks work? Just don't lick them :o

afaik you need a dual skin container. Or your hand will just freeze to it upon touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I'd be up for it. Just rebuilding my system at present. What's in my sig is not current.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

20 flasks and 20 oven mits so :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

well theres no point now, i'm sure Flaccus's rig has already broken 22,000, I mean if its somehow better than the one in his sig :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭unseen

Anti wrote: »
    Ooooookay. From boc it looks like i can only buy by the tanker load :o So if anyone wants to front £28,900 be my guest :p

But after doing some ringing around and pulling in a few favours ive managed to source us a company that is willing to sell me ln2 by the litre ( €2.50 ) but the minimum ammount they will deliver is 20L.

So thats the ln2 and dice sorted, the only other thing we will need is a container. The smallest i can get suitible for ln2 is 180L. And they are seriously expensive. So can any of you find a 20-30L container?

Great news Anti :)
    In Greece i was renting a 30lt container for ~20euros per day. If we can find a similar solution that would be great.
    In my opinion it is better to start with dice, to get the team members familiar with extreme cooling and then we can look for the ln2. For first time i think it is better. Keep in mind that the good overclocker is not the one who has only the best cooling. Tweaking is the key.

Can we find any sponsors? Or it is early to discuss about those things?

A website for overclocking-ireland or overclocking.ie will be set up soon :) With forums and the likes. WIll prob throw up a vent and ts2 server too as i have my own hosting already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Great stuff,
    We (me + anti, awhir etc) did discuss the likes of this before last yr on modding.ie but it never went any further.

ahh back in the days and then pog went missing :(

this sounds really cool lads :)

we might be able to get Intel as they have a large base here,also maby dell (fallcus ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

awhir wrote: »
    ahh back in the days and then pog went missing :(

this sounds really cool lads :)

we might be able to get Intel as they have a large base here,also maby dell (fallcus ;) )

And maybe a refrigeration company ;)

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    And maybe a refrigeration company ;)

haha you can have all the parts u need !

Right lads, im gonna start drafting up a letter to send to prospective sponsors tomorrow in work, as ill have **** all to do :p

Anyone want anythign in particular added ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

add in "leimrod will be a willing sellout like 3Dgameman if you give him free stuff" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

bet you cant talk as fast as rodney

Right lads, im gonna start drafting up a letter to send to prospective sponsors tomorrow in work, as ill have **** all to do :p

Anyone want anythign in particular added ?

post it here before ya send it :)

also try sending to very gfx company and see if they will send us a gx2 :D

Oh and all ram companies need fast ram :)

but what are the chance's

• Advertisement

The chance has to be pretty good to be honest. I doubt it will be for keeps though. More then likely a loan product.

The chance has to be pretty good to be honest. I doubt it will be for keeps though. More then likely a loan product.

what happens if we kill it ?>

Then we send this this pic, and their fried product :p

i-sorry.jpg

Oh yeah, any companys you want me to contact please can you throw up their email address in this thread somewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

L31mr0d wrote: »
    well theres no point now, i'm sure Flaccus's rig has already broken 22,000, I mean if its somehow better than the one in his sig :(

I'm not really a 3dmark whore to be honest so have no idea what it would have got. Currently building a new system. Should be done by end of month.

guys looks like ye may have a new member :)

bought a E8400 few weeks ago of an irish guy on ebay and i was wondering who he was :)

so i sent him a email talking about overclocking -

and this is what he replyed with

Yo man,I newer thought that are any IRL overclockers :):)
    U have very good ideas my friend
    I got question for U,do u know www.hwbot.org -the biggest word
    overclocking ranking???
    If yes U can find my profile,so U will know that im overclocker as well ;)
    here's link to my profile:
    http://hwbot.org/user.do?userId=5683
    I'll go to www.boards.ie to waht is going on there,maybe we can meet to
    make some session(i have FC/SS cooling as well ;))
    Let me know what U think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Yikes, the top guy there has a 3DMark06 score of 30797!

Still, yer mate aint doin too shabby!

his highest o6 score is 19k. not to shabby at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

afaik you need a dual skin container. Or your hand will just freeze to it upon touch.

yup, i remember dealing (messing) with this **** when i was in DCU like 5-6 years back.. good times :D

Freezing all sorts of stuff. But even with the safety gloves on, we could still feel the cold! :eek:

interesting anyway.. hmm..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭Frederico

Surely anyone with enough money can quite easily crack 22k?

I mean if I had the cash I could just order all the bits and beat it?..

Advertisement