Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man City Away

Options
  • 15-03-2008 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

With Richards and Dunne out for them, we should be scoring on Sunday. Will Bent get a start after being impressive when he came on against psv ?

Id imagine the likes of tainio and ohara will probably start.

I'll go for a 2 1 win ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭markymac

I'd second that, we should get a result in this game, we have a good record anyway against city, but with the 2 centre backs missing, should be good for us. I'd like to see Tarabat given a few games in the run in he looks a confident player with bags of skill, now is the time to give these guys a run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

1 nil so far.

Scratch that, 1-1 (Ireland, 58). Horribly scrappy.

2-1 to city, Enuoha, class header. Robbie raging to be taken off.. I'm not too happy about it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Poor performance from spurs today,another goal conceded from a corner aswell, i thought these mistakes were all sorted out by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

city had a lot of luck. ireland was offside then bent ruled out because berbatov deemed to be offside. again the interpretation of the offside rule loses points for spurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭markymac

curraghyid wrote: »
    city had a lot of luck. ireland was offside then bent ruled out because berbatov deemed to be offside. again the interpretation of the offside rule loses points for spurs.

Yes, we were a bit unlucky, more so with bents goal, as the ireland goal was very similar. I felt we just didn't play well, berba's touch was poor (which is rare to see) and the movement wasn't great either.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭I-Bleed-White

Poor second half performance and i'm going to agree with Poyet saying that we could blame the linesmen for that defeat but really we should have been looking to kill the game and city ran us ragged in the second half.

I feel for Robbie ragin when he came off. He burst his bollox running around yesterday and scored a good goal only to be taken off leaving the Berb on the pitch who really didn't look like he was arsed and had a shocking match giving possesion away carelessly but he is one of those players who can be **** for 89 mins and 50 secs but you only need him to be on for those 10 secs.

Goal we conceded from the corner was the best taken header I have seen all season, I wouldn't freak out about us getting ropey at the back and Irelands goal was all over the place. First match i've really questioned Ramos's decisions. Wouldn't have taken Lennon off when we are defending a lead because he can open defences on the counter and as I say, Keane was having a good day and the Berb was off the pace. Seemed a simple swap.

Advertisement