Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quickies

Options
  • 15-03-2008 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

"A dentist is talking to his patient about the sanitary problems some of his fellow dentists were facing. He said that one of his friends was touring a latex glove factory in Mexico, and saw how they make the gloves. One person would stick his hand in the melted latex, walk over to a vat of cooling water, and then dip his hand in it to solidify the latex. The glove was then thrown in a finished products box. The dentist's patient was disgusted by the lack of care taken in making the gloves sanitary. Wanting to keep all the patients he could, the dentist didn't mention how they made condoms.

Two guys are supposed to meet at 4:30. Charley shows up at4:30 and waits.
    Finally, at almost 5:00, Paul shows up and Charley says, "Where have you been? You're a 1/2 hour late.” Paul replies, "Sorry, I had to go to the dentist. My dick's been hurting bad.
    "Charley says, "If your dick's been hurting, why did you go to the dentist?"
    Paul answers, "Because I had a tooth stuck in it."

The subway car was packed. It was rush hour, and many people were forced to stand. One particularly cramped woman turned to the man behind her and said, "Sir, if you don't stop poking me with your thing, I'm going to the cops!" "I don't know what you're talking about miss - that's just my pay checking my pocket." "Oh really" she spat.” then you must have some job, because that's the fifth raise you've had in the last half hour."

A lawyer returns to his parked BMW to find the headlights broken and considerable damage. There's no sign of the offending vehicle but he's relieved to see that there's a note stuck under the windshield wiper.” Sorry. I just backed into your Beemer. The witnesses who saw the accident are nodding and smiling at me because they think I'm leaving my name, address and other particulars. But I'm not."
    3 men go into a hotel.
    The man behind the desk said the room is $30
    so each man paid $10 and went to the room.
    A while later the man behind the desk realized the room was only $25
    so he sent the bellboy to the 3 guys' room with $5.
    On the way the bellboy couldn't figure out how to split $5 evenly between 3 men,
    so he gave each man a $1 and kept the other $2 for himself.
    This meant that the 3 men each paid $9 for the room, which is a total of $27
    add the $2 that the bellboy kept = $29.

Where is the other dollar?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

rocky25 wrote: »
    3 men go into a hotel.
    On the way the bellboy couldn't figure out how to split $5 evenly between 3 men,

Where is the other dollar?

thanks for that, i love a good puzzle
    they each paid $9 so $27. belboy took $2, this leaves €25 for the room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Way to ruin the fun I guess , but this is how that particular " puzzle" works ,

The line in bold is misdirection , it never happened ,

First they paid 30 , in actual fact they paid 25 , which means they paid 8 and 1/3 each , no addition problems there ,

They got 1 back each , that means they actually paid , 9 and 1/3 each , or 28 , and the thieving git of a bellboy gets the other two , which the 3 never knew about , either way it all adds up , and there was never a case where the 3 actually paid 9 each , whether they knew about it or not , due to the theft !!

mathias wrote: »

First they paid 30 , in actual fact they paid 25 , which means they paid 8 and 1/3 each , no addition problems there

they did pay €10 each at first

mathias wrote: »

They got 1 back each , that means they actually paid , 9 and 1/3 each

you say they paid "8 and 1/3" and got 1 back thats means they paid "7 and 1/3" not "9 and 1/3"

but your thinking too much into it

the confusion is here

you subtract the $2 because he took it from their refund

the lads paid $10 each got $1 back each so $9 each and the bellboy took $2
    $9 x $3 =$27
    $27 - $2 (the op added the $2 to confuse you)
    =$25 the cost of the room for the night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

It's only a joke, a puzzle, a bit of fun...

sorry Hagar your right this is not the place to discuss it

but to me its very thought provoking puzzled thats been disgused as a joke

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

they donated it to SVP

Advertisement