Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bertie this time next year

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

moving to belfast was just as much about politics ( the peace process , cross border trade etc) as it was business

That actually makes it worse :mad:. A business decision is fair enough, and the issue would ONLY have been that a major shareholder let us down when it came to the crunch.

But if it was a political decision, they were instrumental in creating the crunch and then lied and pretended it was nothing to do with them.

That said, it's a reflection of how Bertie and FF operate; if something goes well - peace process or the economy a few years back - then they're responsible; but if there's f__k-ups, no-one's responsible and there's "nothing they can do".

Ironically, I'd almost like to see Bertie and FF stay in power at this stage; they squandered the boom and it probably suits them if FG or Labour get in now because they (FF) can pass on the blame to them.

Let FF and Bertie stay in power, let people start to smell the coffee and bull****, and let people see what they're really like. The Greens were seen to sell out from week one, and FF are now backing Bertie......don't ya just LOVE Ireland !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I don't like him.

Either do I.

Hopefully he will be out of goverment in 12 months and a more competent leader will be in place.

Advertisement