Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iww waterford 14/3/2008

• 15-03-2008 2:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭

The show itself wasnt IWW's best, Renee Dupree missed his flight from the uk, tracy smothers and the other advertised talent like pierre oulette were not there either, Eugene was and was hilarious

As for the show itself what was there was average, the guy from cardiff matt somebody or other blew so many spots twas unbelieveable

Pluses

1) Show itself wasnt to bad

2) Security was much better then the last time, little kids still running around the place but were under control much more this time

3) IWW must have run a loss on this show because they slashed the prices on all merchandise to virtually nothing to make up for the absence of the advertised talent

Minuses

1) People throwing stuff in the ring, got hit myself with a keyring on the side of the head, this should be stamped out completely

2) also dunno where they were from but some retards were shouting super dragon for about 20 minutes straight for no reason i could see cause he wasnt even there (probably that youtube clip i suppose)

3) The meet and greet in the ring going on way to long and darcy not controlling it properly, 10-15 minutes seemed like 25-30 to me

Sorry dont want to be all negative, just global impact was a much better produced show from them, all niggles aside i did enjoy it and hopefully theyll come back better then ever in october

Shin

Comments

Please god tell me the people chanting super dragon were only 3 and 4 years of age, and not older teenagers chanting it in an attempt to be "cool" and refer to themselves as "smarks" the whole time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Teenagers as far as i could see the most bloody annoying chant ever

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

They were also chanting "Nick-ey-dins-more". Bunch of ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

I liked at the end of the match where eugene was posing etc and the cena sucks chants (same idiots btw) started and he just flipped em the bird :)

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Gerard.C wrote: »
    They were also chanting "Nick-ey-dins-more". Bunch of ****

God, thay chanted the mans name, what pricks :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Bunch of ****

LOL!

Yeah, there's nothing worse than a bunch of idiots who think they know about wrestling and are just fools.

Double C wrote: »
    God, thay chanted the mans name, what pricks :rolleyes:

They were trying to be funny by chanting his real name, not his wrestling name. I did not laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

They were trying to be funny by chanting his real name, not his wrestling name. I did not laugh.

He's Nick Dinsmore in OVW at the moment. I hope he can get back to WWE under that name

Fozzy wrote: »
    He's Nick Dinsmore in OVW at the moment. I hope he can get back to WWE under that name

Agreed, but everywhere else he's U-Gene or whatever it is. You reckon he'll be called up again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

attended this afternoons show in donnycarney, eugene, dupree and Carl Ouellet all there.

dinsmore seemed to be moving in and out of the eugene character all the time, he did the rock "it doesn't matter what your name is" bit to only a few pops as most in attendance were probably not even born or still in nappies the last time time the rock weaved his magic full-time in June 2003. Big pops for his John Cena impression though :)

got a chance to talk with ouellet for a while after the show, really nice guy. Dupree came across as a bit arrogant but i was surprised how tall and wide the guy is in person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

Waterford show was not great. Those idiots also started shouting you screwed Bret and HBK. Vic Viper is improving everytime I see him. All the Waterford shows are mainly aimed at the kids while the Dublin shows are a bit more serious. I noticed that in recent times. Hopefully theyll be a better talent line up the next time fingers crossed so that they dont have to drag out the show for three hours when two would have been acceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Did anyone here attend the Cork show? Decent crowd but the event itself wasn't great. I felt they recycled too much talent as a lot of guys wrestled twice against the same opponents.

Met Eugene afterwards and he seemed cool, the others were nowhere to be found. There is another event scheduled for June 15th and they announced they're in talks with Sabu, Cryme Tyme and Doug Basham to appear. Hopefully they can get Sabu!

Yeah, I was at the Cork show. I enjoyed it, especially Eugene vs Rene Dupree. In my opinion, Mandrake is dire and no way should he be the champion.

They also mentioned Davari. Strange that they're announcing that they're in negotiations with all these names, if they don't get them to show up some people could be right pissed off about it. It would be mental if they got Sabu to show up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

Heard the sabu bit but assumed it was in past tense,that would be a SAVAGE

While it might be "a SAVAGE", you won't be able to go, what with your boycott and all....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

jeffk wrote: »
    Heard the sabu bit but assumed it was in past tense,that would be a SAVAGE

Yeah that would be amazing. Lets hope it doesn't fall through!

While it might be "a SAVAGE", you won't be able to go, what with your boycott and all....

heres hoping vic drops the belt so AND Sabus booked for the Dublin shows :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Boycott? ****ing pathetic.:eek:

flahavaj wrote: »
    Boycott? ****ing pathetic.:eek:

Ah well if you went to more than one or two shows you could do the same my friend :cool:

Ah well if you went to more than one or two shows you could do the same my friend :cool:

What does that even mean?! If I went to shows I could not go to shows? Think you've had one to many alcopops for Paddy' Day there Jeffrey.

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    What does that even mean?! If I went to shows I could not go to shows? Think you've had one to many alcopops for Paddy' Day there Jeffrey.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Woof.

:eek:

Actually does WOOF have 2 Os or 2 Fs?

Maybe BARK!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Haha. I probably know those "retards" who were chanting :S. They're usually not like that.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Haha. I probably know those "retards" who were chanting :S. They're usually not like that.....

What are they usually like? Slightly less retarded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The Cork show the other night was good. Excellent crowd of over 600 apparently. Very much a family thing though, but that was to be expected.

I was surprised to see how ripped Dupree is. Eugene is excellent live. Can someone remind me of when Pierre Oulette was in WWE? Neptune is an excellent choice apart from the lack of bar. Met Eugene after. Seems a very approachable guy. I said to him "so it was all a dream eh?" to which he replied "In Louisville at least, yes".

I look forward to their next trip down to The Real Capital in June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

gimmick wrote: »
    Can someone remind me of when Pierre Oulette was in WWE?

One half of the Quebecers, early/mid 90's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Fozzy wrote: »
    One half of the Quebecers, early/mid 90's

Also was Jean Pierre Lafayette aka The Pirate in the mid 1990's. He stole Bret Harts jacket I think one time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Herexus

Hey Everybody! Just so everybody knows I am one of these "retards" (I know your standard of English is astounding) and just so you all know me and my friend were just having a bit of fun. I believe that when you pay for your ticket you can feel free to chant whatever you want. I also disprove of the cowardice of calling people "retards" behind their back where I honestly believe I have a higher intelligence than many of you. Feel free to respond.

Herexus wrote: »
    Hey Everybody! Just so everybody knows I am one of these "retards" (I know your standard of English is astounding) and just so you all know me and my friend were just having a bit of fun. I believe that when you pay for your ticket you can feel free to chant whatever you want. I also disprove of the cowardice of calling people "retards" behind their back where I honestly believe I have a higher intelligence than many of you. Feel free to respond.

Your not allowed chant what you like because that means you have an opinion and that could go against what people believe.You MUST have the same opinion as the person givin out to you!!

I got a pm over on the Iww forum slaggin me over going to 2 wrestling shows @ the age of 26.Also for chanting you cant wrestle @ bam after he went through the motions one to many times for my liking and for chanting steroids and your on steroids at renee.

Within reason you pay your money you chant say what you like,I mean bam seemed delighted to call me a fat prick/give me the fingers and say im not so tuff sitting in the back row.

So i mean if the wrestlers do that surely the paying customers have carte blanche?
    And if the management ain't happy then surely they can nicely ask people to cut it out within reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Herexus

And if the management ain't happy then surely they can nicely ask people to cut it out within reason.[/quote]

I'd agree with you there. However at no point did anybody come over and tell us to be quiet. I'm sure if we did we would have stopped almost immediately no hassle at all. We just wanted to have a bit of fun and we do enjoy shouting a lot (as i'm sure you are aware :))

I will attend events in the future and I will still chant. However next time I will not be so inconsiderate of everybody else. And in case you are wondering I am actually a wrestling fan, not just somebody who goes and ruins shows :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Was at both the Waterford and cork show two great shows, Waterford I felt had a better atmosphere with the bar and the smaller venue makes it seem packed the sound in cork was pretty bad because of it I think a lot of people thought it was over at the intermission either that or they just told the kids it was to get out early for the pub .

Favourite match was Manson vs Viper in cork liked the 6 man tag in waterford also.

Did anybody else see viper spray his green mist and get some on the mammy in the front row? SHE WAS FAIR NOT IMPRESSED! funny stuff

I mean bam seemed delighted to call me a fat prick/give me the fingers and say im not so tuff sitting in the back row.
    This made me laugh for ten minutes.:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Also was Jean Pierre Lafayette aka The Pirate in the mid 1990's. He stole Bret Harts jacket I think one time.

yep and in his right eye he is blind i believe. really nice guy, told me he was trying his best to get back into WWE because he wants one last run before he retires, i believe he is only 40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

For the record, Irish Whip Wrestling has no problem with fans chanting what they like at shows (within reason).

Obviously, it would be unacceptable if older fans started chanting curses and inappropriate comments at a family show, but there were no such problems to the best of my knowledge over the weekend.

IwW would like to thank the over 2,000 people who came along to the shows and hope that everyone had a good time. Stay tuned to www.IrishWhipWrestling.com and, of course, here on boards, for further info on IwW live events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

pingu_girl wrote: »
    Waterford I felt had a better atmosphere with the bar and the smaller venue

Dont think myself and Gimmick had ever been so disheartened than when we walked in and saw there was no bar....thats a lie actually, anytime i walk into a wrestling arena i look to the ceiling and if there's no steel cage hanging from the rafters a little piece of me dies inside......:p:p

• Advertisement

leggo wrote: »
    For the record, Irish Whip Wrestling has no problem with fans chanting what they like at shows (within reason).

You weren't too happy when you were getting jeered about being a popcorn salesman a few years back!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Hey, we all have embarrassing jobs in our lifetime. Except for you bro I'm sure the pirate wrestling DVD sales business you run is a very glamourous one indeed. But what does that have to do with anything in this topic?

leggo wrote: »
    Hey, we all have embarrassing jobs in our lifetime. Except for you bro I'm sure the pirate wrestling DVD sales business you run is a very glamourous one indeed. But what does that have to do with anything in this topic?

I was merely pointing out that you looked like you were gonna cry when you got laughed at at IWW a few years back so you encouraging chanting at IWW was quite funny. As for DVD's I'll do ya a few at a tenner a pop, I hear thats the going rate?;)

Advertisement