Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Homebase 10% off day Thursday March 20th.

• 15-03-2008 2:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭

Just in case anyone's thinking of splurging all their Bank Holiday cash in Homebase over the weekend. Their next 10% off day will be next Thursday 20th. March, so I'd suggest holding off till then.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

Isn't that offer only available to Senior Citizens?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Nope, I think you might be confusing it with B&Q, they have a senior citizens discount on certain days. This is 10% off across the board on all items for everyone for 1 day only, they call it Homebase 10% day. The next 10% day is Thursday 20th. March.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 qtwithmeme

We made the error of ordering a kitchen and two bathrooms form Homebase. We ordered them at end of Jan and we are still waiting after being told that it would take 4-6 week and it’s now going to be ten - that’s if they actually deliver this time. We have been told so many different dates at this point. The staff in store where really nice and I couldn’t fault them except that they should perhaps warn of delays and of how common they seem to be. We have been told that the delivery will arrive on such a date only 2 days before hand to be told that they are delayed again - it driving me insane. We have had builder on site and everything, Homebase keep harping back to the fact that in their policy they recommend you hold of booking tradesmen until the delivery arrives - do they not realize that the world doesn’t work like that and that you need to pre book these things. It would be wonderful if we could just ring a builder and say see you tomorrow the delivery arrived but you cant, much the same as you obviously can’t get Homebase to deliver on time. I will not be using them again for anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOTTO - unless you can take it with you there and then seriously dont use them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭tororosso

Sorry to hear about your experiences; still handy to know about the 10% off. I'll check it out tmw and only buy what is available there and then...hope it arrives this time, fingers crossed....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Sorry for your trouble, I know they can be doggy when ordering furniture, a friend of mine had a similar experience, there can be terrible delays. Although having said that they can be excellent for flat-pack take away furniture, sometimes they reduce selected ranges to half price and you'll still get the 10% off. If I see any damage on anything, or if it's a display item, I always chance my arm and ask for a reduction. I usually get at least 10% off, that's on top of the extra 10% off at the till on 10% Day. I find Homebase always willing to haggle, bless 'em! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Is everything covered in the 10%? I know some of the DIY places omit garden sheds, lawnmowers etc. from offers like this. I need a new shredder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 chipclub

bmaxi wrote: »
    Is everything covered in the 10%? I know some of the DIY places omit garden sheds, lawnmowers etc. from offers like this. I need a new shredder.

Everything is 10% off. I never buy anything in Homebase unless it is 10% day. The frequency with which they do it makes me wonder about the level of their "normal" prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Always find my local builders merchant's (e.g. Homevalue) a lot cheaper than the sheds, especially B&Q and Homebase. Depends on what you're buying, 10% is fe*k all reduction really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

homebase are about 20% dearer in most things compared to thier competitors anyway so it is really a false 10% off -i am talking about consumables like plumbing and electrical stuff and general diy stuff -shop around you will save more than 10% this way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

I agree with MayoForSam. Homebase, B&Q, Woodies etc, they are all rip off prices anyway. Ask any trades person where they buy their stuff and they will go to Homevalue or something similar. Shop around and you get better prices. Only home DIY people and families go to Homebase, B&Q, Woodies etc. The 10% discount is a placebo to get you thinking you are getting great value.

Example: Last summer I was painting wooden fence with cuprinol fence spray - Harvest Gold colour.
    Cost me 22 euro in Woodies, on special offer. Went back another day to get more and they hadnt any, so I went to local Homevalue, same product was 16 euro, on special offer. btw, I went to Homebase and the same product was even dearer than woodies - 26 euro and that too was on special offer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement