Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Throttle body

Options
  • 15-03-2008 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

Afternoon, 98 corsa failed the NCT there last week on emissions, brought it to a mechanic and he said he cleaned the throttle body which brought the emissions down.
    Since then the car seems to stutter slightley when im driving through town in 2nd gear. Does cleaning the throttle body have an effect on how much much power i have to keep on in low gears?
    Sorry if this is a stupid question im not exactly mechanically minded.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Im not familiar with Corsas, but this stuttering may exist due to a leak on the throttle body joins on the engine side of the air flow meter. Check for any rubber hosing that has split or parts not tightened in correctly and that orings are present if there are any needed. Having said that, in my experience with this problem, the stuttering is more noticeable with faster acceleration, i,e its most noticeable in 1st gear, less so in 2nd gear and so on.

Advertisement