Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whole wild salmon recipes......?

• 15-03-2008 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

I've been given a beautiful whole wild salmon and am having a few friends and family around to eat it tomorrow night. Any suggestions on really delicious recipes that'll do it justice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Ive done the one below a few times and have found it great with farmed salmon so your wild one could be spectacular!

Enjoy

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_18056,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I was going to suggest something very similar to the recipe kenco posted. With a fish such as the one you have (had?) you are best doing as little as possible to it so that you can savour the quality of fish & not let it be overpowered by other ingredients.

FWIW - I would have laid the salmon on slices of lemon & fresh fennel bulb.
    Stuffed the cavity with fennel tops, a couple of bay leaves & a few peppercorns. A knob or two of butter on top & a splash of dry white wine. Cooking method the same as in kenco's recipe.

I hope that it all worked out for you.

Advertisement