Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

J1 without usit/sayit?

• 15-03-2008 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭

I've already booked my flight to the US, I have a job that I do online over here that I get paid for, but now it seems like I won't have enough work with that job to support myself over there.

Since I've already booked my flights, I'm assuming now that I can't get the J1 through USIT/SayIT etc. Has anyone got any advice on doing the J1 by myself through the embassy. Their 'VISA info line' costs €2.40 a minute so I'd like to find out as much as possible before calling them up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

grasshopa wrote: »
    I've already booked my flight to the US, I have a job that I do online over here that I get paid for, but now it seems like I won't have enough work with that job to support myself over there.

Since I've already booked my flights, I'm assuming now that I can't get the J1 through USIT/SayIT etc. Has anyone got any advice on doing the J1 by myself through the embassy. Their 'VISA info line' costs €2.40 a minute so I'd like to find out as much as possible before calling them up

With sayit you can book your own flights i think.But at the moment i think the earliest you can go is like 6th of june because of the backlog on the embassy interviews.there is some american sites that will sort out the visa for you as well i'll have a look later and c if i can find them for ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

That's be great, thanks

Still looking for this, can't find anywhere else that will do it. Does anyone know if I can apply for the J1 through the embassy myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Did you have any luck with the url i sent you via pm?.I just sent you another one which you can look into.

Thanks, didn't notice I had PMs, or else I was just drunk on boards again when I read them,

checking them out now, thanks again! You have no idea how much you just saved my ass

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

For the J1 you need to fill out a DS-2019 form which you can only get from the sponsorship organisation(usit, sayit etc.) who will then put you on a Servis system and you then need to present yourself at the embassy for an interview.

The current waiting time for interviews is
    http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/wait/tempvisitors_wait_result.php?post=Dublin&x=82&y=14

Check out http://dublin.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas.html for other info

Advertisement