Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VAT Qualifying

Options
  • 15-03-2008 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

about to bring in a 2007 116i with 5500k miles on the clock. (registered in july)

its listed as VAT qualifying, so this this mean that I can claim back 17.5% from the garage once fully registered in Ireland?

And that I don't actully pay any VAT on top of the VRT as the car is > 6months old and has more the 6000 km on the clock?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Used to need to have over 6000 miles I think (not km) to avoid vat here. As for it being 'vat qualifying', I think you would have to be a business and even then its difficult to claim it back on a car.

Advertisement