Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who, what, where, when?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

1: Ayrton Senna, Toleman TG184, I'm going to take a guess and say Monaco, 1984

2: James Hunt, McLaren M23, I'm going to guess either Zandvoort or Jarama, 1976

3: Damon Hill, Jordan 198, Spa, 1998 (great day! :D)

4: Nigel Mansell, Williams FW14, Hockenheim, 1992

5: Hmm, tough one. I'm going to take a real stab in the dark and say Jackie Stewart, Matra, 1969. Haven't a clue on the location, sorry.

6: Mika Hakkinen, McLaren MP4/10, Adelaide, 1995. Flying into the wall in qualifying and was very lucky to survive afterwards. :eek:

7: Another tough one. I'm going to guess Francois Cevert, Tyrrell 006, not sure on the location but I'll take a guess and say Silverstone, 1973

8: Ayrton Senna, Lotus 97T or 98T, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve Montreal, 1985 or 1986 (not sure on which year but I'm fairly sure it was one or the other! :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

10) Masta?

You are very warm. Clue is that its much slower than the Masta kink.

1: Gerhard Berger's fiery crash into the wall at the infamous Tamburello corner, Circuit Enzo e Dino Ferrari, Imola, Ferrari 640, 1989

2: I could be way off on this one, but for some strange reason that looks to me like Ayrton Senna's first F1 test in 1983 at Donington Park in a Williams FW08. Am I right? :confused:

3: James Hunt, Hesketh 308, don't know the circuit but I'll guess Nurburgring (seeing as the car's off the ground in that picture! :D) and the year is either 1974 or 1975.

4: Heinz-Harald Frentzen, Williams FW19, Circuit Nevers Magny Cours France, 1997

5: Patrick Depailler, Tyrrell P34, 1977, I'm going to take a guess and say Anderstorp in Sweden because of the planes in the background! :D

6: Nigel Mansell, Ferrari 640, 1989. Not too sure of the circuit, to be honest. Trying to work it out from the kerbs! :D I'll take a stab in the dark and say Hockenheim in Germany or Paul Ricard in France.

7: Ayrton Senna, Mercedes 190, Nurburgring, 1984.

8: Roland Ratzenberger, Simtek S941, T.I. Circuit Aida Japan, 1994

9: Nigel Mansell won it, his first F1 win. It was the Shell Oils Grand Prix Of Europe, Brand Hatch, 1985. How do I know? Because that's the race I remember watching that got me hooked on motorsport! :D

10: Haven't a clue on this one. I'm going to take a real stab in the dark and say it's the La Source hairpin at Spa but I'm probably way off!

• Advertisement

2) I read it was Silverstone
    3) N ring, 75
    6) Its mexico. Only circuit with the red, green, white kerbs
    10) That correct.

Everything else looks correct. I wouldnt be that familiar with the chassis numbers myself tbh. You are officially a legend at this!:)

Senna's first test was definitely at Donington Park, not Silverstone. Here's the evidence to back it up! :D

http://www.forix.com/8w/senna2.html

You're right about the kerbs at Mexico, of course. Dammit, I should have gotten that! :rolleyes: :D

As for being a legend at this, nah, I'm just a big motor racing geek, that's all! :D

There was a similar kind of quiz ran in here a couple of years ago (do a search for it and I'm sure you'll find the thread) and, if you look at that, you'll see just how nerdy and anal I am when it comes to these things! :D

Advertisement