Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nicer than the Nissan 350z but is it nicer than an Audi R8?

Options
  • 15-03-2008 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

9080314.005.1M.jpg
    BestCar magazine has provided a rendering of what may become the 2010 version of Toyota’s Supra. Three years ago a Japanese Toyota executive working on foreign assignment confirmed to us that indeed Toyota had investigated the Nissan 350Z thoroughly and decided it was time to offer a Toyota alternative. What is currently unknown is whether this alternative is the Supra itself or the next Celica, though Celica would be more than likely since Toyota probably does not want to canibalise potential buyers of the new Lexus LF-A.

Likely to be powered by one or three engines, 3.7 V6, a smaller turbo (courtesy of new Toyota-Subaru alliance) and a hybrid, the Supra/ Celica rendered here has been numbered at between 350 and 400 bhp (260kW – 298kW). This would make sense since the LF-A is a 500 bhp machine. Now, if only they would make the darn thing and stop showing us all its concepts! Meanwhile, how about turning that Toyota FT-HS into this Supra/ Celica thing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭GBX

that looks great ... as ya said .. it is only a concept. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Saw one of these on the road the other day thought it was very like a 350z. Only sold in LHD (the one I saw was on a latvian reg). Is the Mitsubishi Eclipse:

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/jsp/eclipse/08/index.do

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Very Italian, like a lot of new sports cars. Don't like that eclipse, just like hte older ones, really. I'm very partial to the current skyline. I think it's understated without being dull as dishwater in standard form like the older ones.

2004-Nissan-Skyline.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

It's nice, but probably won't ever see the light of day. Or if it does it won't look like that. I don't like the R8 styling at all (looks like it's from an 80s sci-fi movie), not keen on the 350Z either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Horrible, looks like a yaris at the front.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

Better than the R8? Not in the looks department imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

if you want a good looking car , buy a lamboghini , if you want a useless 2 seater that you brag about but nobody will listen , buy a golf a rip the rear seats out. :rolleyes:

Advertisement