Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Low Can You Go

Options
  • 15-03-2008 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

With all the other broadband and mobile internet threads around
    I know we all complain about slow internet speeds so I just wanted to see who is getting the lowest speeds

See if you can beat this !!

246736291.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

Here's mine...

215835998.png

I'm sure another ICE customer will be along soon to " beat " mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭roadruner

Woo now that's slow
    And I tought my connection was bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Here's mine...

215835998.png

:rolleyes: U being throttled for going over your limit?

Edit, just realised your ping is half a second :eek:

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    :rolleyes: U being throttled for going over your limit?

On " Unlimited Broadband ", there is no way I could go over my " no limit " with this service......so no, not being throttled, just normal, I wonder how bad it would get if they did throttle?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,311 ✭✭✭✭phog

Here's mine...

215835998.png

Why would you continue to pay for a service so poor? Is there any other provider for you?

• Advertisement

phog wrote: »
    Why would you continue to pay for a service so poor? Is there any other provider for you?

Hi Phog, until 4 weeks ago nothing else was available, now I have DSL from UTV, I hardly ever use the ICE now so don't really notice the terrible service as much, as for why keep paying them? I'm currently in " negotiations " with them over this. I'm sure you've seen the sticky at the top of the broadband forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Hi Phog, until 4 weeks ago nothing else was available, now I have DSL from UTV, I hardly ever use the ICE now so don't really notice the terrible service as much, as for why keep paying them? I'm currently in " negotiations " with them over this. I'm sure you've seen the sticky at the top of the broadband forum.

Do a speedtest every evening at same times for a week or 2, save it and cancel the direct debit. Show them the speedtest results and the name of your solicitor if they complain

Pog, thanks for the advice, I'm already doing that.....even drag myself away from COD4 online, using DSL, to run the checks......I think at this stage they will be glad to get rid of me........as for canceling with them, the problem is I'm in credit with them.....so basically just using up what I've pre-paid if you like, it's a shame really as the equipment is capable of delivering fantastic speeds and we could do with a company that would provide good STABLE broadband without the phone and ICE could have cornered the market if they had kept the connections STABLE and consistent.

Advertisement