Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

windscreen wiper switch/motor

Options
  • 15-03-2008 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭

hi,

I was driving along today when i realised there was smoke coming from the windscreen wiper stick at side of steering wheel. I stopped and turned of wipers. smoke stopped soon after. now wipers don't work properly and a mate (who knows a good bit about cars) thinks it's the wiper switch. Is this the wiper motor? and has anybody any idea how much it would be for one for a 99 standard starlet 1.3

thanks,

Looder

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its the wiring inside the stalk switch. Wires are touching - all that waggling the mechanism over the last 9 years has come home to roost.

The wires are now probably fused together or to the plastic/connectors, you can get another from any scrapper I'd say. Phone around

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

mike65 wrote: »
    Its the wiring inside the stalk switch. Wires are touching - all that waggling the mechanism over the last 9 years has come home to roost.

The wires are now probably fused together or to the plastic/connectors, you can get another from any scrapper I'd say. Phone around

Mike.

thanks Mike. I got a quote of €130 without labour from main toyota dealer. picked 1 up for €30 from a scrap yard.

Advertisement