Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Stamullen

Options
  • 15-03-2008 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,235 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what broadband options are available in Stamullen, Co. Meath?

As far as I can see the only options are ICE or one of the mobile solutions (3, O2 or Vodafone). My girlfriend has the 3 connection and while it's reasonable to send email with, it's not broadband by any definition (it's like being back in 56k dial up days). I'm assuming the O2 and Vodafone mobile services are similar since they all appear to be using the same modems and the contention rates reduce ICE's offer to something I think they should be sued for calling broadband.

Are these really my only options?

Edit: 3 currently gives me a speedtest.net rating of 33kbps down and 9kbps up :(.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Friend has Net1. Seems ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,235 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Net1 package seems to be the same as ICE, contention rates in the mid thirties on a 2MB line or in the twenties on a 3GB line for their premium home service which is around €50 a month.

It's unbelievable that they can get away with only providing/guaranteeing 56k service and advertise it as 'broadband', which if I remember right from college is defined as a minimum of 2mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

If you have a landline, eircom broadband is available in Stamullen

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭kazoo106

This is about normal for me - Run on Sunday 22:30

247253096.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

use this to find all your options, and then go though each package to find one that suits

http://mapviewer.broadband.gov.ie/ServiceByLocationSearchWF.aspx

• Advertisement
Advertisement