Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question about a banned Xbox 360

• 15-03-2008 6:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭

I've a 360 that I modded. After a few months I got banned from Live. Fair enough. Now that the Arcade is cheap can I take the HDD from my banned 360 and put it in a new arcade 360 and sign up to Live again.

Basically, does the ban stay with the console (I think it does) or does it move with the HDD?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

It only stays with the console. You can use your HDD on other consoles and connect to Xbox Live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I think you can use the harddrive but it will have to be reformatted when u add it to the Arcade box, I'm thinking of doing the same, just need to track down a store selling the Falcons with Benq drives in them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I've a 360 that I modded. After a few months I got banned from Live. Fair enough. Now that the Arcade is cheap can I take the HDD from my banned 360 and put it in a new arcade 360 and sign up to Live again.

Basically, does the ban stay with the console (I think it does) or does it move with the HDD?

Yes you can, I done what your thinking about doing, no problems
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

It bans based on the serial(or mac address for the nerds ;) ) of your console im not sure if you can use your live account (ie is the ban added to your live account or not) maybe creggy can fill in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I think you can use the harddrive but it will have to be reformatted when u add it to the Arcade box, I'm thinking of doing the same, just need to track down a store selling the Falcons with Benq drives in them

No it won't need to be reformatted.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Thanks for the replies. Ill be getting an Arcade today so.

Advertisement