Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Declaring mods to insurance company

Options
  • 15-03-2008 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

I know that you must declare performance mods like aftermarket exhausts/induction/turbo etc. but what about visual mods like body kits or racing seats?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

You have to declare them too. They can make the car more desirable to the wrong sort of people.

Just be honest:).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Insurance companies will go to great lenghts to not pay out and any undeclared mod visual or not gives them an excuse to void your insurance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 mivec

there wont be a loading onto your insurance unless its a performance mod so just be honest

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Insurance companies will go to great lenghts to not pay out and any undeclared mod visual or not gives them an excuse to void your insurance
    In how many cases have you heard that an insurance company has made a policy void because of performance mods? What were the mods?
    They may (and are entitled to) reduce the amount payable to the policyholder in the event of a claim because of modifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

mivec wrote: »
    there wont be a loading onto your insurance unless its a performance mod so just be honest

Quinn charge you extra if you have tinted windows!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I'm with Hibernian and when I asked they said they wanted an engineers report to say they were fitted properly. When I rang back to ask what address to send it to, they didn't seem to care but said the value of the mods wouldn't be included in any payout.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I know that you must declare performance mods like aftermarket exhausts/induction/turbo etc. but what about visual mods like body kits or racing seats?

actually wondering that myself.

I guess alloys too?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Insurance rates are based on a standard car. Anything that makes it more or less attractive to thieves or that will affect the performance is what they want to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

I delcared all my mods engine and body on my Glanza and it only cost me an extra €60 with Hibernian..

Advertisement