Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dboy m4 casv battery problems

Options
  • 15-03-2008 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

hey all
    I reacently got a dboy m4 casv.The manual is crap but said to charge the first charge for 12 hours and 7 to 8 hours after that.I only got around 100 shots out of the first charge and the 2nd charge ,after that it starts clicking when i pull the trigger.Some sites are saying u should only charge it for 4 to 6 hours.battery is 8.4 1100mah and the charger is dc 8.4v 450ma.Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

slothcobra wrote: »
    hey all
    I reacently got a dboy m4 casv.The manual is crap but said to charge the first charge for 12 hours and 7 to 8 hours after that.I only got around 100 shots out of the first charge and the 2nd charge ,after that it starts clicking when i pull the trigger.Some sites are saying u should only charge it for 4 to 6 hours.battery is 8.4 1100mah and the charger is dc 8.4v 450ma.Any help would be appreciated.

Check this out. http://www.csgnetwork.com/batterychgcalc.html it should work out how long you need to charge your batt. I think you may have over done it:( 3 to 3.5 hrs should do a batt. of that size. a lot depends on the charger, is it the stock one that came with the piece?

I did exactly the same thing when I bought my D boy M4 A1 and cooked the battery! it still works, but to be honest it would be worth yuor while buying a new one. Eirsoft do an 8.4v batt 1500 mahr for about 20 yoyo's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 slothcobra

yeah tis the kit charger,why the hell does it say to charge for 8 hours in the manual.so that i destroy it and have to get a new one.prob gonna pick up one of those 8.4 1500mah from eirsoft anyway i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Shiva's showing one Firefox in stock at 20.00 yoyo, the same I bought, does the trick. You migh want to look into a smart charger of some sort, they charge the batt till full then shut off. Thats the short version and less technical one, but little risk of you frying the batt

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

whats the output of the charger?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

those clone chargers take forever to recharge the batterys., make sure the battery is wasted and then give it a good charge for about 4-5 hours, if its not really warm when ya get back to it then leave it in for bout another hour, idealy you want it at the stage after its been warm but before it actually gets hot if ya get me., just keep checking on it to see how warm its getting.,

• Advertisement
Advertisement