Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chocolate making courses in Dublin?

Options
  • 15-03-2008 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi...

I absolutely love chocolate and would love to learn how to make it. Does anyone know of any courses in Dublin? Sorry if I have posted this in the wrong section but I couldn't find a thread relating to chocolate courses anywhere.

Cheers,
    Ro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭phormium

Have you been watching 'Willies wonky chocolate factory' on Channel 4, about a guy who is making chocolate in UK from his cocoa plantation in Venezuela. Don't know whether you mean making chocolates or chocolate itself, dont think there is any chance of being able to make chocolate if his experiences are anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

robobobo, I looked into this myself for a while. It's a very involved process - if you're talking about making the chocolate physically yourself, not just making chocolates from a pre-mixed pack. You have to prepare the beans and roast them and winnow them and crush them and all sorts of things.

Do a google search on it, there are a couple of pages for the dedicated home-chocolatier, and they're excellent in terms of their comprehensive content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭rorobobo

tanks for the replies guys... Yes i am interested in making chocolate from scratch to see what is involved and all that. I have found a few pages online that describe how to do it but figured I should try ad find a course. I thought someone showing me would be easier than me reading it and trying it out. Anyways I'll give it a go and see how I get on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Aidey

Hi Rorobobo, did you ever find a course? I am interested in this also.

Tks

Aidey

Advertisement