Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

plugs

Options
  • 15-03-2008 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

i want to get plugs but don't know much about them or where to start
    can i just stretch my normal ear piercings into plugs??
    xxx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Here are some links to get you started:
    http://forums.bodyartforms.com/forums/t/5641.aspx
    http://www.onetribe.nu/faqs/11

What size are you at now? When you say normal piercings, do you mean studs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

yup stretch em up and throw some plugs in, simple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

you can get starter kits, they're sorta like so sre_stretching_kit.jpg so you stretch them gradually, long long process but better than scalpalling cuz with that you actually cut out a chunk so have no chance of your lobe closing even slightly again

dang too slow

when you scalpel you dont remove tissue, just make an incision

I wouldn't recommend stretching with pinchers, really...

• Advertisement

Wilburt wrote: »
    when you scalpel you dont remove tissue, just make an incision
    like what emz got? takes out some dunnit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Cait.

yeah i defo am not cutting out a piece of my ear!!
    does anyone know where i can get them in dublin?
    xxxx

*covers mouth slightly to say this* georges arcade....

but afaik any piercers should have em

pretty certain celestial Ring in SG have em...

and guage they were just the first image that came up when I google it, prefer the spike style ones myself

i looked ingeorges arcade today and was just lost i was like eh?
    lol coool and are they dear?
    xxx

You can stretch them yourself. How big are you looking to go? Bear in mind it could take quite a while to do it properly.

Scalpelling= cutting a slit with a scalpel, no tissue removed, great for stretching further because it can correct bad placement and people I know who've had it done said their ears loosened up really quickly afterwards.
    Dermal punch=punching a hole with a circular scalpel, removes a tissue of circle and is not so good for stretching because it removes tissue.

The spike things are called tapers and you use them to get to the next size in one go, they're not to be worn for extended periods of time, so you can't use them to stretch 'gradually'. If you want to stretch up in a gradual way, PTFE tape is the way to go.

• Advertisement

ive a stretching thing done up, il post it tomorrow, should help people

916lovetube.jpg

sorry seen this and HAD to post it!

that is amazing!!!

from the bmez encyclopedia!

The biggest key in stretching is to take it slow and listen to your body! Philip Barbosa adds,

"This might not be accurate, but when I was in college and stretching my ears seven years ago, in Toronto 0 gauge ears were not that common and usually noticed. My humanities professor told me a story about a tribe in Africa where the stretching of your lobes represented knowledge gained through listening. If done correctly, and done over time, you showed years of knowledge obtained from listening to elders with much larger lobes and much more knowledge than you. If you went too fast though, you would mess up your ears and look like someone who was passing themselves off as falsely knowing more than everyone else... the village idiot."

thats actually pretty cool to know
    so slow is smart llol

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's not just smart, it's the only way if you don't wanna make a mess of it.

Advertisement