Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

msimn.exe

• 15-03-2008 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe

Everytime I delete this file it reappears.
    Everytime I copy a new file over this file it's replaced by the original.
    I've tried via Add or Remove Programs -> Add / Remove Windows Components and still no effect.

What's making it do this? I want to get rid of it or replace the exe with my own file.

Windows XP Professional.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

random wrote: »
    I want to get rid of it or replace the exe with my own file.
    May I ask why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Yes, you can. Fair question I guess. If I can replace it with my own exe I can just code up a exe file in Visual Basic which basically does nothing, this way when the msimn.exe is called nothing will happen. This would solve my problem.

My problem is when in Firefox I keep clicking the bloody "Send Image" option by mistake and this loads up Outlook Express and all the nonsense setup wizards and new msg windows that go with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Not an answer to your original question but a solution to your problem is to install the menu editor plugin for firefox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Its probably Windows' File Protection that keeps replacing the OE executable every time you delete it.

axer wrote: »
    Not an answer to your original question but a solution to your problem is to install the menu editor plugin for firefox.
    Oh how hard I've looked for this and never found this. Thanks for the link!

I don't even care about msimn.exe any more.

Cheers lads :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

why not just rearrange your tabs on your menu bar? I have back, forward, refresh, new tab, history, stop and home. Anything else I use the text menus at the top. Job's a goddun!

DJ_Spider wrote: »
    why not just rearrange your tabs on your menu bar? I have back, forward, refresh, new tab, history, stop and home. Anything else I use the text menus at the top. Job's a goddun!
    It's the right-click menu that was causing problems and now it's not. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

OIC sorry, but glad you got it sorted. :D

Advertisement