Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weekly refuse collection

Options
  • 15-03-2008 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi,

Does anybody know of any company that does weekly black bin collections? We're really struggling with our fortnightly collection. Alternatively does anybody know where I can buy the orange bags for Oxigen?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Thorntons do a weekly black bin and a bi-weekly green bin collection.

I think it's around the €250 mark per year. I'm in Clane

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I found the council a -lot- cheaper than thorntons, especialy since with thorntons you don't pay less for putting your bin out less. I guess it depends on how much you throw out.

Don't the council do a weekly service? Whereabouts in Kildare are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 dizzydub

We're in Newbridge. Waiting for an email back from Thorntons. Don't like the idea of the bin tags with the council

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I didn't either, until I discovered throntons wanted something like 350 euro a year. Considering I only put my bin out every 2 or 3 weks, the councils 140 a year and a fiver every time you put it out was a lot better. If you've alot of rubbish of course thorntons will work out cheaper. I just think it's a bit rich that they sell themselves as a green company, but then don't reward you for wasting less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Thorntons do a cheaper rate for those who don't have much domestic waste ( less than 400 Kg a year ) for €225. That works out at about 8Kg rubbish a week. I'm on it for the last few years and put out the bin about every 3 weeks and have been managing to stay within the limit. It might be a little more than €225 as this was the price 3 years ago but it may not have gone up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 dizzydub

Unfortunately Thornton's don't service Newbridge so it looks like it'll be the council for us :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23 April08

dizzydub wrote: »
    Unfortunately Thornton's don't service Newbridge so it looks like it'll be the council for us :(
    KCC is definitely the cheapest if you are good at recycling. I leave out my bin plus about five sacks every month and they take the lot. I only have to put my bin out once every six weeks. There are four adults in our house. I also have a compost bin which is great. Everyone admires my wonderful display of flowers in the summer (and I never even have to feed them with plant food)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭EoC

Don't use KCC. They went with a new company Oxigen who are a complete and utter disaster.....You've been warned...

• Registered Users Posts: 23 April08

KCC have contracted out to Oxigen. They are now collecting refuse every second week and rubbish every other week. If you are due to have your collection on a bank holiday they collect the previous Saturday. I have to say I find them very reliable, considering all the recent bank holidays, they have always collected and I have never had any problems. The alternate weekly collections are great. Cost is 180e per year with 7euro bin tag whenever you decide to leave your rubbish out. I find in the summer once a month is sufficient, what with composting etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 FocusIreland

its 8 euro each time now with KCC plus 180 euro a year for the big 140L bin.

there s another company does cheaper deal compare with the KCC. cant remember their name but was on the kildare post back to weeks ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement