Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to ask for warning road signs?

Options
  • 15-03-2008 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭

I drive on R755 (Glendalough to Kilmacanogue) pretty much every day and there is a sharp turn roughly half way between Roundwood and Kilmacanogue where cars seem to keep ending up in the field below.

Its beyond a joke, in the last two years I've seen at least 10 cars that have misjudged the turn and ended ploughing into the field below , the latest was today. Anyone that drives this road will surely know the spot I'm talking about.

Some of the cars have clearly rolled over and over too. Someday someone's going to kill themselves there.

Locals like myself know the turn is coming and slow right down on the way through it but there's bugger all warning about it on the road , which is why so many people keep going off there.

There really should be big warning signs about a sharp dangerous turn ahead on the road.

Does anyone know how I go about asking for these to be put in place?, I'm genuinely worried some ones going to loose their life there and can't have that on my conscience without doing something to prevent it.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

NRA are responsible for National Routes, local authorites for all others, so I guess your first port of call should be Wicklow County Council.

roadtrans@wicklowcoco.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

If you've been keeping your eyes peeled on that stretch of road lately, there are lots of new posts going up all along it, which look as if they're destined for brand spanking new road signs (long overdue, esp. at the newly designed turn off for Sally Gap just before Roundwood coming from Kilmac direction). Is there one near that particular bend? Where is the bend in question BTW? I'm a frequent traveller on that stretch too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

Think this is the bend in question, right bugger at night....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Thats the one alright skibum, doesnt look much does it from above?
    Yep, new roadsigns going up all along R755 which is good to see, but none that I can see before this bend. How its not at least signposted as an accident black spot is totally beyond me.

I'm going to email that address Mike posted above and include that google earth link. Hopefully the person that reads will know the bend I mean and do something about it, a few danger signs surely wouldnt cost to much to put up.
    Anyone know who the local TD is too?, maybe emailing them too would help.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 14 radtjack

Hi there,

It is in deed a black spot !
    For the safety of the drivers, this turn (r755 between ballinastoe and kilmacanogue) should be changed.
    The field below should be filled up to straighten to road and a ramp should be placed.
    I just dont understand why people in charge dont do anything with so many cars left upside down on the field every month.

The snow and rain can make this turn very dangerous.

Drivers............ Beware of the turn !

• Advertisement
Advertisement