Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cutting plane

Options
  • 15-03-2008 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭

right heres the deal,. im in college, did tec last year, and today, i had to do a question, where i had a solid object being cut by a plane. i was given 3 points on the object that the plane passed through.

so i joind them all together, and made a plane out of them in plan, and drew a horo line, and got its true length, then looked parallel to it, but what do i do then to find the parts of the object that are cut by the plane?

any help would be savage, i wouldn mind but i could do this in my sleep last year:D

best of luck 2 you all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

What was the object being cut?

After looking along the parallel line, what you need to do is bring the intersections with the sides of the objects back from the projection on to the plan, and then you'll be able to draw in the lines showing where it's cut, if that makes sense. Kind of hard to describe without drawing it out.

EDIT: Why did you get the truelength?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭uprooted shane

thats it:D

i wasnt really sure, totally forgot all my tec graph from last year, jesus youd think getin an a2 less then a year ago id be able to do it! ha, maby not:D

thanks zorbaTehz

Advertisement