Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is the best at black 'n' grays?

Options
  • 15-03-2008 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

If someone could give me some advice, it would be great!:p
    Im looking to get a black and grey (with a little of colour) tattoo, very elegant and ladylike, quite detailed with pretty shading.
    Now, Ive checked out JMDS in Waterford website and Celestial Ring. SOME of the stuff on JMDs site looks good but alot of it I didnt like. Ive checked Jani's and Remis' sites but want to know from YOUR experience of tattoos youve seem in the flesh who is better at intricate black and greys, Jani or Remi? AND should I even consider JMD's? (Its closer to me as I am in Wexford)
    Cheers to all!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Hi, I don't know much of JMD's stuff tattoo-wise but piercing wise I wouldn't be over inclined toward them...

There are some great studios in Dublin if you managed to make it up on a day trip even...Zulu, Inkwell, Wildcat, Snakebite...tonnes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭TYR ->

Thanks alot for your helpful advice!:) But Im kinda liking Jani's and Remis' style just want to know from peeps with experience from them who's good with shading, black and grays.

Am going to have to take alot of trips up to Dub on the bus Im guessin... hmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

jmds is incredible tattoo place im getting a job done by ian in april on my right calf.

.. By the way Im looking for something along the lines of this, but completely diferent :p If that makes sense! But something very femine and beautiful delicate detail ;) .. Hope thats not too much to ask for!

davey180 wrote: »
    jmds is incredible tattoo place im getting a job done by ian in april on my right calf.

Hmm you think so? Yeah some of the black and grey stuff on the site is incredible but alot of it is not my thing. Can you recomend someone for me there?

• Advertisement

yeah i getcha, as long as you don't want it much bigger than that you could prob get it in one session, pain threshold withstanding...

Im getting that length wise-ish but wider its a brachy sorta thing going on. My pain threshold is not a problem I get a total buzz out of it! Love it

should be fine then! got any other bod mods? well clearly from last statement but what ye got?

Have this on the inside of my left wrist. Got it two years ago. I googled 'celtic tattoo' and found it! :D I know, I know, not the most creative but I love it, I think it fits me well. Have the typical ear piercings and got my tongue pierced 6 years ago but had to take it out after 2 years it was wreckin my teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

TYR -> wrote: »
    Hmm you think so? Yeah some of the black and grey stuff on the site is incredible but alot of it is not my thing. Can you recomend someone for me there?
    phone or email the pic you like to get done im sure they help.Joe would be the man for the job but he be hard to get hes fairly booked up for now.

• Advertisement

Ah thats grand Im in Norway for the moment but will be moving back soon. Im still fiddling around with the design myself

Advertisement