Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Austrailian GP

• 15-03-2008 10:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭

Luv first races - they always show up a surprise or two...

...and this year's surprise (so far) is the speed of the BMWs. Kubica would have been on pole(;):D ahem..) were it not for his momentary off.

Kimi looked pissed off with his failure though couldn't blame him.

So can anyone take the fight to Hammy in Oz? Someone? Please?!? 'Cos i don't think I can tolerate his smug grin or Steve Ryder's tunnel-vision hero-worship much longer...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

If only they didn't devote so much time to him. Guaranteed one of the first bits of coverage will be some sort of interview with Hamilton and how great he is that he can drive without driver aids.

He should have Kubica's and Kovalainen's numbers. Massa's the only chance against him i think if the car is better in the race than qualy. Hoping he has a heavier fuel load that can explain the qualy times so the race might be a bit competitive otherwise Hamilton will walk all over it barring a big mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

pburns wrote: »
    Luv first races - they always show up a surprise or two...

...and this year's surprise (so far) is the speed of the BMWs. Kubica would have been on pole(;):D ahem..) were it not for his momentary off.

Kimi looked pissed off with his failure though couldn't blame him.

So can anyone take the fight to Hammy in Oz? Someone? Please?!? 'Cos i don't think I can tolerate his smug grin or Steve Ryder's tunnel-vision hero-worship much longer...

Excellent, someone who thinks like me about that jumped up little smug brat.
    On a seperate note, I think Vettel did very well for a last years Red Bull car!
    I reckon Hamilton will win this one, but it's a long season, and I'd be surprised if the financial penalty McLaren got last year won't take effect later on in the season. Then Ferrari should move ahead. And maybe BMW will too! And Renault. Then I'll be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

What times the race actually start at?(Not coverage)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

pburns wrote: »
    Steve Ryder's tunnel-vision hero-worship much longer...

True, didn't he say something about Hamilton achieving the "expected pole position" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭snack_ie

Was at this race today.
    Man it was unreal. F1 is amazing to watch. And not just the fast cars and chicks but everything that goes with it - airshows, rides, attactions...
    So frickin hot as well... standing in 39 degree heat for 6 hours is not fun but so worth it.
    love to think what others thought of race.
    unfortunately though looks like melbourne may not be hosting australian gp anymore though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Expected this result with Hamilton, crazy race all over though, Alonso did well to get up that high in the end and if Kimi did go mad those few times then i reckon he would have at least gotten a podium, roll on the next race, hopefully ferrari can get some momentum going by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Catcher86

kovalainen would have won that race if it was'nt for the safety cars.
    What a qualifying run considering the fuel loads between himself and hamilton.

Advertisement