Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler problem.

Options
  • 15-03-2008 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭

My oil boiler won't work while set to the heating alone. It will only work when both the heating and water heating are on.

Will this be a major job to get sorted?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

smashey wrote: »
    My oil boiler won't work while set to the heating alone. It will only work when both the heating and water heating are on.
    QUOTE]

Did it ever ?
    Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

JamesM wrote: »
    Did it ever ?
    Jim.
    It did until recently.

It did until recently.

Most switches are: "Water" and "Heating and Water"
    Jim.

Mine has one for heating only and one for water only.

Need more information, but, Sounds like the switches are part of a digital timer and one of the circuits has gone - probably need a new timer.
    If it's an older system, You really need to check out what the switches control. What controls the boiler, the water circulating pump, and motorised valves or zone controls.
    Mostly you get the first switch controling the boiler - this heats the water. The next switch will control the pump - when both are on, this heats the rads.
    Jim.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's a digital timer. As for the rest of that post...

whoosh. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Yeah, it's a digital timer. As for the rest of that post...

whoosh. :o

I see where JamesM is coming from. It might be helpful if you posted a pic of your timer. It does sound like the fault is there.

crosstownk wrote: »
    I see where JamesM is coming from. It might be helpful if you posted a pic of your timer. It does sound like the fault is there.
    Will do. :)

Here's the timer and apologies as I had to use the mobile.
    52887.jpg

I think that timer can be reset to factory settings by pressing a small button on the back. I think that is the only thing you can try.
    All the components (burner, pump, etc.) seem to be working, so it looks like the timer is at fault. It is difficult to be sure when I have no other info.

• Advertisement

JamesM wrote: »
    I think that timer can be reset to factory settings by pressing a small button on the back. I think that is the only thing you can try.
    All the components (burner, pump, etc.) seem to be working, so it looks like the timer is at fault. It is difficult to be sure when I have no other info.
    Thanks James, I'll try that.

Advertisement