Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PC9's Grounded

• 15-03-2008 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

From another forum: "Slovenia grounds Pilatus PC-9 trainers after ejection seat incident

By Igor Bozinowski

The Slovenian army has grounded its fleet of 11 Pilatus PC-9/9M advanced trainer and light attack aircraft, pending the results of an investigation into a 10 March incident which saw a student pilot inadvertently ejected from his aircraft.

Participating in an advanced flying course, the co-pilot suffered minor injuries after departing the PC-9 turboprop at an altitude of around 9,840ft (3,000m) during a flight between Sevnice and the aircraft's home base at Cerklje ob Krki. The other pilot managed to land the damaged aircraft.

© Dragon Lady/AirSpace

Army chief of the general staff Gen Albin Gutman says the accident is being investigated by a defence ministry commission, with assistance coming from Slovenian civil aviation experts. The incident comes four years after a Slovenian PC-9 crashed after its pilot suffered a heart attack.

In addition to supporting advanced flying training, Slovenia's PC-9/9Ms can also be used for air-to-ground fire support operations, using freefall bombs, machine gun pods and unguided rockets."

May be nothing but thought I would post it for info.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭V Bull

Here's a photo of our Boys in Blue over Dublin City this morning during the Easter Parade................Excellent flying.........inch perfect......well done................:cool:

IMG_0241a.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

V Bull wrote: »
    Here's a photo of our Boys in Blue over Dublin City this morning during the Easter Parade................Excellent flying.........inch perfect......well done................:cool:

IMG_0241a.jpg

Good photo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭williambonney

IMG_0241a.jpg

I’m not terribly well up on matters military, but, are these WW2 aircraft?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Ban?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭Irish_Army01

Actually WW1:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

and ye they only managed to salvage four of em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭UrbanFox

Steyr wrote: »
    Ban?

A ban ?

No.

Latitude and longitude of residence followed by personal experience of cruise missile accuracy might be more entertaining :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Double-Alpha

Remember, don't feed the TROLLS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Steyr wrote: »
    Ban?

Offering yourself up?

May my dreams come true.

It's a valid question for someone who isn't in the know. People these days see huge A380s on SKy News and F-14 Fighter Jets in movies from the 1980s. It's 2008, so when they see prop planes, they assume WW2.

• Advertisement

sunnyjim wrote: »
    Offering yourself up?

May my dreams come true.

It's a valid question for someone who isn't in the know. People these days see huge A380s on SKy News and F-14 Fighter Jets in movies from the 1980s. It's 2008, so when they see prop planes, they assume WW2.

You know what they say about assuming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭williambonney

I seem to have opened a (very minor) hornet’s nest here. If so please forgive me, I genuinely thought when I seen the photo that they were aircraft from the WW2 era.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I seem to have opened a (very minor) hornet’s nest here. If so please forgive me, I genuinely thought when I seen the photo that they were aircraft from the WW2 era.

I suspected you did and didn't jump in like the rest.

It would be easy to mistake our aircraft as something from that era.

Our Air Corp is a little embarrassing at the best of times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭V Bull

I took almost 400 photo's of the Easter Parade, mainly of the Military, split between the Army, Naval Service and the Air Corps.

Pitty about the responce from some, I would have liked to have posted some more photos but from judging the negitive responce, I think not, never again.....................V Bull - out................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I took almost 400 photo's of the Easter Parade, mainly of the Military, split between the Army, Naval Service and the Air Corps.

Pitty about the responce from some, I would have liked to have posted some more photos but from judging the negitive responce, I think not, never again.....................V Bull - out................

I don't think anyone was commenting on the quality of your photography.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,088 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Mairt wrote: »
    I suspected you did and didn't jump in like the rest.

It would be easy to mistake our aircraft as something from that era.

Our Air Corp is a little embarrassing at the best of times.

C,mon Lads it could be worse.....We could still be flying these....:eek:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭kermit_ie

I wouldn't take the slightest bit of notice of what Steyr has to say. No one else does...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

IMG_0241a.jpg

Saw them flying over Dundrum yesterday morning. Looked fantastic.

kermit_ie wrote: »
    I wouldn't take the slightest bit of notice of what Steyr has to say. No one else does...

ow:rolleyes: my pride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

V Bull, don't mind the kids, they're still suffering from the sugar rush after too much chocolate. Please post any photos you have, I'm sure many people like myself will be very interested to see them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭burnedfaceman

Hagar wrote: »
    V Bull, don't mind the kids, they're still suffering from the sugar rush after too much chocolate. Please post any photos you have, I'm sure many people like myself will be very interested to see them.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

, I'm sure many people like myself will be very interested to see them.

absolutely. post away!

Please post any photos you have, I'm sure many people like myself will be very interested to see them.

Damn right, post away.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭daithicarr

why dont we have any proper planes? or at least a decent amount of helicopters which are a bit more useful. countrys of similar sizes an budgets have them. hungary has a siilar military budget to us and has the gripen. but i suppose they pay their guys less.

although now that i think of it they have no sea, so smaller navy

Advertisement