Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strikers score way too many goals

Options
  • 16-03-2008 12:23am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else notice this? I was playing a game there and I noticed that with 8 games to go in the premier league, Rooney and Adebayor had already scored 29 league goals each, while five other strikers had 20+. Compared to the same point in reality now where Ronaldo has 22, Torres 20 and Adebayor 19, and the next nearest on 13. Getting a goal-a-game striker isn't very hard.

Wingers seem to score **** all to compensate.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

well it's a game, not even a simulation. some absurdity is to be expected.

my main issue is with corners. so many of them. it's not unusual to sit through a sequence of 6 or 7 in a row. defenders not even under pressure just seem to put the ball out all the time.

on the wingers thing, if you want them to score play them as FL, or FR and set them as target men. they score a relatively realistic amount that way for me (on average one every three games). however this way you become really vulnerable to deep crosses. every single one seems to be an automatic goal for the opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm on the 8.0.2 patch and I find there's way too many goals. I think I've had one clean sheet and I've played about 28 games in the season.

Even when I protect a lead and put everyone behind the ball in a defensive formation the AI still seems to find a way to score. I agree about the excessive number of corners too.

Another gripe I have is the goalkeeper's kicking. I have a keeper with good stats for kicking yet I find he almost always gives the ball away at goal kicks and such. Wrecks my head. Now I know how Fergie felt when he had Bosnich in goal.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'm on the 8.0.2 patch and I find there's way too many goals. I think I've had one clean sheet and I've played about 28 games in the season.
    I found that before the patch but 802 and 803 seemed to solve it.

Except when I play Man United. My results against them in my current game:

West Ham 0-2 Man United
    Man United 2-1 West Ham
    West Ham 2-4 Man United
    Man United 5-4 West Ham
    Man United 4-4 West Ham

Liverpool also usually score 2, 3 or 4 goals against me, even though they're ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

there's an 8.0.3 patch?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Nah, I'm thinking of 801 and 802, sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Awesomo-4000

Anyone else notice this? I was playing a game there and I noticed that with 8 games to go in the premier league, Rooney and Adebayor had already scored 29 league goals each, while five other strikers had 20+. Compared to the same point in reality now where Ronaldo has 22, Torres 20 and Adebayor 19, and the next nearest on 13. Getting a goal-a-game striker isn't very hard.

Wingers seem to score **** all to compensate.

One season Adriano scored 45 goals for me as Chelsea! Not that i was complaining or anythin!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

yakubu 41 goals in the championship in my game. 18 games played. ridiculous

Advertisement