Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First All Ireland Airsoft Event - "The Gathering"

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Killinator

Really? Gay nation on toast man :p still, all's well that ends well eh? Your aeg is sorted and I get a picture of you fuming. Everyone wins!;)

HEY, i was in a bad way, my whole world was crumbling,:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Real Steyr Dave

Killinator wrote: »
    HEY, i was in a bad way, my whole world was crumbling,:mad:

i hear you brother. How in the name of God did it chrono as hot though? hell, it's sorted now right? So F*** it! :D Take life by the BBs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Apparently they were over 'cause the weather was just TOO good. How about that for a Turnip for the books!!!!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Any new pics?

Any half finished draft videos we can watch?

I'm depressed and need cheering up, none of my weekend plans happened.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Motosam wrote: »
    Any new pics?

Any half finished draft videos we can watch?

I'm depressed and need cheering up, none of my weekend plans happened.:(

OOoooppss...the videos...I forgot:P

Lets get that done...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Still no sign of Frosty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Apparently they were over 'cause the weather was just TOO good. How about that for a Turnip for the books!!!!:pac:

Well that's not totally correct.
    Some that I was involved in measuring were at or slightly above the limit and when re-checked the following morning were just below.

On the other hand some were way over the limit and no climatic conditions/humidity/altitude/temperature would make a damn of a difference to 'em...

To paraphrase one of the IAA guys from some time back:

When tuning your aeg's; be careful to allow for a differences due to different chrono's and climatic conditions as people may find that they are unable to use their AEG's - without excuse.

1 Joule is not a target - it's the limit!

Well I'm just saying thats one of the reasons I heard put forward..... the gun I was talking about had never had any tuning done to it and was an Irish gun too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I've put it down to low pressure weather, hence the predicted rain, and the altitude leading to less dense, lighter air.

Now the combined weight of air in cylinder and barrel and bb is less, so bb gets more kinetic energy rather than some going into the airs accelerated mass.

My guess anyway.

Thankfully everyone was careful to chrono all gear repeatedly, which I was pleased to see.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

not me., i just chopped the spring and got a healthy result.,:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Well I'm just saying thats one of the reasons I heard put forward..... the gun I was talking about had never had any tuning done to it and was an Irish gun too.

Sorry, I wasnt having a go at you.:o

Ah no, I didnt think you were. I think I may have come of a bit defensive there without meaning to.
    Like I said the gun I was talking about was never tuned, so when I heard the atmospheric cause I thought it made sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 malboury

Hey guys,
    Really raging I missed this, but will definitely make the next. from what I hear, it was a really amazing event, and ye should be proud to have ran it. In other news, looking forward to Sunday (the 11th)! Hope there's a good crowd; the weather is really starting to turn towards summer, so we may even escape the perpetual light/not-so-light showers. Plus, I now own enough batteries to keep my gun spewing ammo forever:-)

Excitement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

For those of you who are interested.

122 Booked
    Over Sat and Sunday 85 played and payed.

Its a pity that those who did book did not let us know they were not going to come as there would have been places freed up for others. Interesting to note that a good few people block booked 3-5 places and were no shows.

We are also going to reserve the name The Gathering for use at G-TAC but we would like to wish who ever takes up the banner for the next All Ireland all the best.

Kind Regards,
    Martin & Evelyn.

Yikes...nobody told me the application of physics was actually cool! :p honestly, if I'd known it was useful here I would have paid more attention in the drudgery that was Leaving cert physics....well, for this bit anyway:o

if the guns were chronoed as too high what's the remedy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

if the guns were chronoed as too high what's the remedy?

There isn't one really. Unless you can swap out the spring on site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Mrs MaxForce

o1s1n wrote: »
    There isn't one really. Unless you can swap out the spring on site.

Or rent a gun from the site if one is available, or borrow one from one of the other player's!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Killinator

or break down, curl into a ball and cry the bad times away:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

buy an ICS, and change your spring in about 30seconds.,:D

basically buggered if it it goes too high then! Killinator, you one lucky sonbitch! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

Only just reading about this now.
    Not much point in having an event which claims to be an 'All Ireland' event if people in all areas aren't told about it! :(
    Would probably have went to this and dragged a few with me, although, having said that, I see that it was held on a date I was off to Wales for another airsoft event anyway. So I wouldn't have been able to make it anyway.

Glad to hear this went well though and I'll try to keep an eye out for the next one! ( Could whatever site that ends up hosting it fire a post about it on ASI please? )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

ASI Casper wrote: »
    Only just reading about this now.
    Not much point in having an event which claims to be an 'All Ireland' event if people in all areas aren't told about it! :(
    Would probably have went to this and dragged a few with me, although, having said that, I see that it was held on a date I was off to Wales for another airsoft event anyway. So I wouldn't have been able to make it anyway.

Glad to hear this went well though and I'll try to keep an eye out for the next one! ( Could whatever site that ends up hosting it fire a post about it on ASI please? )

Firstly, we hope to hit Red hammer, will we be seeing you there?

Secondly, we're just looking at a follow up to the gathering. Looking like GTAC again or Drogheda. I'll post it on ASI when we decide on venue and date.

Lethal

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

Firstly, we hope to hit Red hammer, will we be seeing you there?
    Of course! And my identical twin brother will also be there, just to make things extra confusing for those of you that haven't met me yet! :D
    Secondly, we're just looking at a follow up to the gathering. Looking like GTAC again or Drogheda. I'll post it on ASI when we decide on venue and date.
    Much thankage. I don't get on here as often as I'd like!

Advertisement