Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First All Ireland Airsoft Event - "The Gathering"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

whats the deadline, because i need so sort out stuff with the college etc. hope to have at least ten coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

Crave wrote: »
    whats the deadline, because i need so sort out stuff with the college etc. hope to have at least ten coming.

I know it sounds corny but the deadline is midnight on the 13th April or when 120 places have been booked and paid for if reached before this date.

All participants please note, that as a security and safety measure, you will be issued with an ID card which will hold your payment number and your name. Anyone not carrying their ID card will not be allowed to play in any game. This will be given to you at registration on Saturday or Sunday and it is your responsibility to keep this safe.

All participants weather or not they have played at G-TAC previously will be asked to sign a new Waiver and Liability Release Form. The new form is included on the first page of this thread and if possible to speed up registration should be printed, completely filled out and handed it at registration.
    Thanks all,
    Martin and Evelyn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Mrs MaxForce

It has come to our notice that a minor number of participants in the age group that require parental or guardian supervision are planning on attending the camp site on Saturday night without said supervision. Anybody between the age of 12-16 must have adult supervision on-site for the over night stay. IE They must have someone over the age of 18 willing to take responsibility for them. Anybody who remotely looks like they are in this age group will be asked for photographic identification at registration. If you are in this age group you must list the name and phone number of the person acting as your guardian or person of responsibility who is staying at the campsite on Saturday night.
    Regards,
    Martin&Evelyn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

It has come to our notice that a minor number of participants in the age group that require parental or guardian supervision are planning on attending the camp site on Saturday night without said supervision. Anybody between the age of 12-16 must have adult supervision on-site for the over night stay. IE They must have someone over the age of 18 willing to take responsibility for them. Anybody who remotely looks like they are in this age group will be asked for photographic identification at registration. If you are in this age group you must list the name and phone number of the person acting as your guardian or person of responsibility who is staying at the campsite on Saturday night.
    Regards,
    Martin&Evelyn.

I swear to Christ if I get asked for ID I will break down crying.

I swear to Christ if I get asked for ID I will break down crying.

HAHA Does not mean you are young looking for your age:p

Hi All. Well its started. We got our first two payments tonight by PayPal. Thanks lads. I am off to the Bahama's see you in a couple of years.:p

Seriously though, there seems to a problem with PayPal capturing information for me so can you please make sure you confirm your screen name to me through the G-TAC email address or by sending us a PM. As soon as I iron out the pesky bug I will let ye know.

Remember to add on the PayPal charge of 3.4% + .35c. PM me if you need me to let you know an exact figure our if you go back to the beginning of this thread KD posted a calculator.

Thanks All,
    Martin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

just a suggesttion, if someone is only booked for 1 day then that would mean theres an extra space for the next day?
    so say if you have 100 bookings for 2 days and then theres 20 people booked for one of the days then there should be 20 i day places availible, that way theres 120 or nearly 120 there all the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

so your saying people who have booked 1 day be kept a space the following day incase they stay

weeder wrote: »
    just a suggesttion, if someone is only booked for 1 day then that would mean theres an extra space for the next day?
    so say if you have 100 bookings for 2 days and then theres 20 people booked for one of the days then there should be 20 i day places availible, that way theres 120 or nearly 120 there all the time
    Gatling wrote: »
    so your saying people who have booked 1 day be kept a space the following day incase they stay

ok guys
    1.closing date is 13 of april midnight
    2.you must pre book your events .
    3.you cannot show up on the saturday expecting to be accomadated when you have not paid .
    4.what you book for is what you play
    5.if you have booked for saturday night game only and stay night and then feel like you want to play on the sunday we might accomadate that ok .
    6.you must appreciate that awful lot of organisation is going into this event and that is why we need to know numbers inadvance.
    regards Evelyn

• Advertisement

what i mean is if they book for say saturday only then there should be one day space left that someone can book on the sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭theirishguy

hi i wont to no if i can make my own team and
    if we can play in the wargames as teams and what age do you have to be to enter we are all 15 and 16
    and how would we make a clan or something like that
    be great if any could helpicon5.gificon5.gif

hi i wont to no if i can make my own team and
    if we can play in the wargames as teams and what age do you have to be to enter we are all 15 and 16
    and how would we make a clan or something like that
    be great if any could helpicon5.gificon5.gif

Hi irishguy,
    Welcome to the forum. First off, these are not Wargames. Secondly The Gathering was devised to bring Airsoft together in Ireland for a bit of craic. The hope for this is that new learn from experienced and so on. Because of the ammount of people it would be next to impossible to promise to you that you could keep your team together and play team on team. All information about age limits and the event are in the original post. The only change to this is that if you are age between 12 and 16 and are planning to stay the night you must have a parent or guardian 18+ staying with you.

For the games 12-14 must have a parent or guardian playing as well, 14-16 only with parental consent accompanied by a verifiable phone number.
    Hope this helps,
    Martin.
    G-TAC

MaxForce wrote: »
    Hi irishguy,
    Welcome to the forum. First off, these are not Wargames. Secondly The Gathering was devised to bring Airsoft together in Ireland for a bit of craic. The hope for this is that new learn from experienced and so on. Because of the ammount of people it would be next to impossible to promise to you that you could keep your team together and play team on team. All information about age limits and the event are in the original post. The only change to this is that if you are age between 12 and 16 and are planning to stay the night you must have a parent or guardian 18+ staying with you.

For the games 12-14 must have a parent or guardian playing as well, 14-16 only with parental consent accompanied by a verifiable phone number.
    Hope this helps,
    Martin.
    G-TAC

thanks for the reply
    i wont to no where it will be held as for i'm from enniscorthy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

thanks for the reply
    i wont to no where it will be held as for i'm from enniscorthy

galway :)

:cool::cool::cool:

blay1 wrote: »
    galway :)

:cool::cool::cool:[/quote

where abouts in galway

• Advertisement

Here are directions from Enniscorthy to Ballycrissane(G-TAC) as taken from the AARoadwatch Website.

0.0 Start out at Enniscorthy Railway Station,Wexford Uncl. 0.0

0.1 Bear left onto Car Park Uncl. 0.1

0.0 Turn left onto Temple Shannon Uncl. 0.1

0.1 Turn right onto Temple Shannon - R744 R744 0.2

0.1 Continue forward onto the N11 (one-way) (signposted All Routes) N11 0.3

0.4 Bear left (signposted Dublin, Carlow N80) N11 0.7

1.5 At roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Dublin Road - N11 (signposted Dublin, Carlow N80) N11 2.2

3.6 Turn left onto the N80 (signposted Carlow) N80 5.8

14.6 Continue forward onto the N80 Entering Bunclody N80 20.4

13.5 Continue forward onto Main Street - N80 Entering Ballon N80 33.9

14.3 Continue forward onto the N80 Entering Staplestown N80 48.2

0.9 Continue forward onto Wexford Road - N80 Entering Carlow N80 49.1

1.5 At roundabout take the 3rd exit onto Tullow Road - N80 N80 50.6

0.7 At roundabout take the 2nd exit onto O'brien Road - N80 N80 51.3

0.7 At roundabout take the 1st exit onto the N9 N9 52.0

0.2 At roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the N80 (signposted Portlaoise) N80 52.2

1.1 At roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the N80 N80 53.3

0.8 At roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Northern Relief Road - N80 N80 54.2

1.1 At roundabout take the 3rd exit onto Ballickmoyler Road - N80 N80 55.3

12.8 Turn right onto the N78 N78 68.0

0.1 Turn left onto the N80 N80 68.1

11.1 Continue forward onto the N80 Entering Stradbally N80 79.2

9.3 Continue forward onto Stradbally Road - N80 Entering Port Laoise N80 88.4

1.7 At roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the N80 N80 90.1

0.2 At roundabout take the 2nd exit onto James Fintan Lalor Avenue - N80 N80 90.3

0.2 At roundabout take the 2nd exit onto James Fintan Lalor Avenue - N80 N80 90.5

0.3 At roundabout take the 1st exit onto Abbeyleix Road - N80 N80 90.8

0.6 At roundabout take the 1st exit onto the N80 N80 91.4

1.5 At roundabout take the 3rd exit, then join the M7 motorway (signposted Limerick) M7 92.9

3.7 Bear left onto the N7 N7 96.6

8.4 Continue forward onto Portlaoise Road - N7 Entering Mountrath N7 105.0

13.6 Continue forward onto Dublin Road - N7 Entering Borris in Ossory N7 118.5

11.0 At Dublin Road Roundabout take the 3rd exit onto the R445 R445 129.5

0.2 Continue forward onto Dublin Road - R445 Entering Roscrea R445 129.7

1.2 Turn right onto Lourdes Road - N62 N62 130.8

16.8 Continue forward onto Roscrea Road - N62 Entering Crinkill N62 147.6

0.8 Continue forward onto Roscrea Road - N62 Entering Birr N62 148.4

0.8 Turn left onto Drumbane - N52 N52 149.2

12.4 Continue forward onto the N52 Entering Ballingarry N52 161.6

7.2 Continue forward onto the N52 Entering Borrisokane N52 168.7

0.2 Turn right onto Main Street - N65 N65 168.9

13.6 Continue forward onto Bridge Road - N65 Entering Portumna N65 182.5

2.3 Turn right onto the R355 R355 184.8

6.3 Finish at Ballycrissane,Galway R355 191.1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

Someone sticky that

Mark_Sc wrote: »
    Someone sticky that

mark we are stickyed thanks to kd:D:D:D

Directions to G-TAC This is located in the main G-TAC thread. Basicly when you get to Ballycrissane, go throug the village heading for Eyrecourt. You will pass a school and church on your left, and Mahons shop and filling station on your right. Continue on and watch for signs for Cummins Cottages. Its the second turn right after Mahons Shop. Head up this road for about 5 minuets and you will see G-TAC on your left after the graveyard and at the very top of the hill.
    Martin.

how many people signed up now?

• Advertisement

how many people signed up now?

Hi Crave. Yeah its going good. We have 77 signed up and about another 5 not sure.

Cool, well i have to wait for college to start and I'll hopefully be able to get a group down. Hopefully 10

Cool, well i have to wait for college to start and I'll hopefully be able to get a group down. Hopefully 10

thats great crave just let us know as soon as you can regards evelyn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭heyjay14

Hey im 16 and was thinking of going just wondering is there guns for rent for my friend and is it ok to stay over night without a guardian if i give you a permission slip or something?

heyjay14 wrote: »
    Hey im 16 and was thinking of going just wondering is there guns for rent for my friend and is it ok to stay over night without a guardian if i give you a permission slip or something?

Question, how old is your friend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭heyjay14

He is also 16...:rolleyes:

heyjay14 wrote: »
    He is also 16...:rolleyes:

as ye are both still only 16 ye will need a parent or someone over the age of 18 to stay with you or take responsability for you both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Just wondering how far the site would be from the train station and if there are any buses heading out that direction, don't think a taxi ride would be cheap lol

zero19 wrote: »
    Just wondering how far the site would be from the train station and if there are any buses heading out that direction, don't think a taxi ride would be cheap lol

hi zero the train from site is about 50 mins.but leave it with me as their should be free car spaces coming down your way i will look it up for you or put up here that you are looking for a lift it might be an easier option ,taxi to site from galway would be about 40 ++ regards evelyn

Okay thanks Mrs Maxforce :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

2. All Eye protection will be of the fully enclosed type. IE The totally encompass the eye with no gaps for BB's to fit through.Anyone found wearing non regulation eye-wear during or before a game will not be allowed to play until they obtain regulation eye-wear. You have plenty of time to sort this out so do not come down with bog standard safety glasses.
    That's me out so, I've yet to come across googles that don't fog up. Unless I was to buy contacts but I last time I tried them they just kept popping out of my eyes. :(

you can use the mesh from a full face ya?

Problem with them is my breath just get's blown back onto my glasses and fogging happens anyway. I can't see nuthin through them anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

My G&P googles that I got from airsofteire dont fog up and I wear glasses. That said I still use the washing up liquid just in case.

A small bit of soapy water works too

It's not so much the goggles that are the problem it's my glasses. Once their encased they fog up straight away.

I'll see about getting contacts but I'm next to broke at the moment I've overspent on holidays lately.

Who ever knew Airsoft would be such an expensive hobby. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

ScumLord wrote: »
    It's not so much the goggles that are the problem it's my glasses. Once their encased they fog up straight away.

I'll see about getting contacts but I'm next to broke at the moment I've overspent on holidays lately.

Wire mesh is really the only way to go if you wear glasses like myself.

I can lend you a pair of mesh goggles no problem if it helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

Daily disposables? You might be able to get a small batch. Or get your eyes tested and then buy them from getlenses.ie. That said, if an optician thinks that this is what you're definitely going to do, they'll suddenly find that they're very busy. So busy that they won't be able to fit you in.

Ever. :(

• Advertisement

Postal order finally sent off today, wahey best 35squid i coulda spent lol

MaxForce wrote: »
    I can lend you a pair of mesh goggles no problem if it helps.
    cheers. I suppoe I can give it a go.
    kevteljeur wrote: »
    Daily disposables? You might be able to get a small batch. Or get your eyes tested and then buy them from getlenses.ie. That said, if an optician thinks that this is what you're definitely going to do, they'll suddenly find that they're very busy. So busy that they won't be able to fit you in.

Ever. :(
    That's not so much a problem with my opetition he's been doing my glasses since the first pair. I'll pop into him and try some contacts. I'm not holding out any hope for them the last time I tried them it took me two hours to put the things in only for them to pop out later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

cheers. I suppoe I can give it a go.

That's not so much a problem with my opetition he's been doing my glasses since the first pair. I'll pop into him and try some contacts. I'm not holding out any hope for them the last time I tried them it took me two hours to put the things in only for them to pop out later on.

Even with contacts, I'm still having a fierce fogging problem with my goggles. I was going to keep this one to myself, but actually next game I'm going to try thickly coating my eyeballs with anti-perspirant. I've heard it can work miracles.

Ok, no, I didn't hear that. I'm going to try it around the parts of my face covered by the goggles to minimise perspiration into the goggles. I used to have the same problem with glasses; a rubbing of 'Sunlight' or 'Fairy' soap can prevent misting on your glasses (up to a point) but you still need good ventilation.

Mr and Mrs Maxforce, sorry for going off-topic. Don't give this guy any chances to not show up ;)

I'm so psyched about this, finally getting out and playing, and in a huge event? Awesome...Hope the weather is gonna be decent! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Guys, here's the gist. I wanna play, ok. BUT, it would also be nice to have some record of the weekends events so:
    If you have a still or video digital camera then bring it with the relevant connector cable. I'll have the laptop with me with ripping software so I'll be able to copy footage and images to my drive(Have a converter box for differet types of connection, can take DV camcorders). When I've got all that I can 1, give G-Tac a copy and 2. make a series of youtube clips(10mins wont do it) over the following weeks. But without your help I cant do. Anyone with a headcam I'm begging you, they would be super.

Thanks
    Lethal.

I have one but it's piece of poo tbh, brutal altogether

• Advertisement

iive got this and a 2 gig card i was planning on taking along,

http://www.amazon.com/Isonic-DV565-5...ef=pd_sxp_f_pt

Very Cool idea Lethal, will defo bring along my camera(takes still and video.)
    It would be cool to take a pic of everyone that goes(portrait style,not group and work that into a vid) as a record.

Good idea that, before and after pics so you can see how unfit i am lol

I think it would sound a little something like this.......
    Before: "Yeaaahhhhh, Get some, GET SOME!!!!
    After: "Cough, cough..... oww... my legs wont go anymore...ow the pain....":)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Any recs on a B&B or reasonable hotel nearby ?

(Obviously will need to be within walking distance of a pub :D)

• Advertisement
Advertisement