Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First All Ireland Airsoft Event - "The Gathering"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

MaxForce wrote: »

So the question is:
    1. Do ye want a proper night game in the CQB area only. IE when it is dark? :eek:
    2. Do ye want a dusk game that if it is not to dark could also involve part of the woodland?
    2. Do ye want to go pubbing afterwards?

its still bright enough till around 9Pm these days so i think we could do a mixture of woodland and cqb and move into the cqb when it gets to dark

In Regards to pubbing i must say no (given my age,though i wouldnt if i could anyway, full days airsofting with a hangover:eek:) though i can guard equipment while you lot are off at the off license given the campfire situation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

weeder wrote: »
    its still bright enough till around 9Pm these days so i think we could do a mixture of woodland and cqb and move into the cqb when it gets to dark

In Regards to pubbing i must say no (given my age,though i wouldnt if i could anyway, full days airsofting with a hangover:eek:) though i can guard equipment while you lot are off at the off license given the campfire situation

There aint nothing wrong with a few brewskies before a game just dont go overboard:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Evolute wrote: »
    There aint nothing wrong with a few brewskies before a game just dont go overboard:p

Just to be clear, I'm assuming you mean a few brewskies the night before a game, not a few brewskies before the night game ;)

As someone who has taken the old few brewskies the night before a game a bit far on more than one occasion I'd advise against it, nothing worse than trying to hold your AEG straight with the shakes, and a hangover from hell pounding out a heavy metal drumbeat in your head.

The horror...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Mrs MaxForce

if you have drink before any of our nightgames you will not play it is that simple no exception :mad::mad:
    regards Evelyn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MaxForce

To reiterate what Evelyn has posted. You will not be allowed to play if you drink Befor a game. No excuses no refunds. If you do not like this rule, then do not come to our site.

This event is to bring Airsoft together. It is not and will not be allowed to become a beer fest.
    Martin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

For any kind of food/drink purchase, might I humbly suggest bulk purchase at Lidl/Aldi? Is there one within reasonable driving distance of G-Tac? I might pick up enroute for myself and my passengers, so I doubt I'll have too much spare room but after we get there I could do a provisions run.

Well, it's only one night and some deprivation might give us an authentic 'guerilla' feel for the occasion ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭mossy619

:(hey just to let yal no i wnt b able to attend the gathering due to some financial probs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Ooo it's almost time! Do we have a full game scenario list yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Killinator

C'mon people, start ponying up some cash!!!!!!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

zero19 wrote: »
    Think thats a surprise.

zero19 wrote: »

full list will be posted up on thursday evening along with any other information needed regards evelyn:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

heh heh i cant wait for this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

weeder wrote: »
    heh heh i cant wait for this

Me neither.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMC

Right Lads,
    I need to get a grip on what way the night game is going to go. This place gets very dark after around 10pm I am talking not seeing hand in front of face, but I checked the moon phase for that night and if it is a clear night, it will be a half moon. I will have a halogen spot light pointing down into the field and I have a supply of glow sticks. For those of you who are planning on going to Portumna for a drinkeys, and if the game goes on till 10pm, you will not have much time to clean yourselves up and go.

So the question is:
    1. Do ye want a proper night game in the CQB area only. IE when it is dark? :eek:
    2. Do ye want a dusk game that if it is not to dark could also involve part of the woodland?
    2. Do ye want to go pubbing afterwards?

My suggestion is, Have a night game in the CQB area and maybe a dusk game in the woods. Bring yer "beverages" with ye and sit around a campfire and have a bit of a laugh and a few bevveys. There will be enough cars there to be able to make a trip to Portumna or Eyrecourt for an Off License (I assume there is one in one of the towns). From a security point of view, might not be the best idea in the world to leave the site with the amount of equipment in it. But there will be no drink consumed prior to the games commencing on Saturday night. Anyone found to be or have been drinking prior to the start of the games will not be allowed to play no exceptions.
    So let me know what ye think.
    Martin.

I agree with Martin here, Nothing better than beers at a campfire to get to know a crowd of strangers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

To reiterate what Evelyn has posted. You will not be allowed to play if you drink Befor a game. No excuses no refunds. If you do not like this rule, then do not come to our site.

This event is to bring Airsoft together. It is not and will not be allowed to become a beer fest.
    Martin.

I mean as in the night before sorry should have made that clear sorry

• Advertisement

Got my pop tent sorted, pretty handy! :)

Hi All,
    We were looking for prepayment for three reasons. One to be able to judge food requirements, two to be able to better plan games for both the night and day games and three for security reasons. In light of the fact that only 40 payments have been received by prepayment, it will be necessary to take the following action. Only those that have prepayed up to 6pm on Wednesday will be entitled to food, price's to be decided. No game plans will announced until the day. Due to the fact that we were offering a discount for prepayment it might also now become necessary to charge the full €40 across the night and day IE €15 for the night game and €25 for the day game to those arriving without prepayment. Only those who have booked for the event will be allowed access. If your name is not on the list you are not getting in.Also the people that have paid can you pm us and let us know if you want to avail of food on site.
    Martin and Evelyn

Can anyone who has booked for the event please let us know if they are now not coming. We have a long standby list looking for places and if you are not using your place it would be nice to hand it over to someone who would use it.
    All the best,
    Martin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Dont know if he confirmed it, but Mossy360 wont be going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

I'm going to have to drop out too, still having money problems, and while I can afford it, I'm probably better off saving my money for other essentials, like food. Best of luck to yourselves and those who are attending, sounds like it's gonna be a great skirmish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Killinator

Is there going to be a large supply of BB's or is it limited, if so could you hold 2 bottles/bags of bbs for me and sniper
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Can anyone who has booked for the event please let us know if they are now not coming. We have a long standby list looking for places and if you are not using your place it would be nice to hand it over to someone who would use it.
    All the best,
    Martin.

Sorry Martin - I completely forgot to let you know.
    I've had to drop out too. Damn kids...ruining my life !

Killinator wrote: »
    Is there going to be a large supply of BB's or is it limited, if so could you hold 2 bottles/bags of bbs for me and sniper
    thanks

I am waiting on a shippment to come in from my supplier and that 60 bottles. Pretty sure that will be plenty. If not we will start washing them;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭I.A.S. Ltd.

Hey guys,
    Just a quick reminder, we'll have pretty much everything that we have in stock at this event for sale. We'll be able to take both cash and credit card.

Also we'll be running a prize draw on the day, more info on this soon!

Cool i didn't think any retailers would be selling at the event

Yeah, we'll be primarily playing but theres always time to make a few sales! We'll have a laptop and O2 broadband so we'll be able to accept credit card on site.

Also anyone who orders something and wants it delivered to this event select "Collection" and put "Gathering Delivery" in the comment box.

Any hope of having those AKs in stock for the event?

Guys please let me know if you want food there will be evening meal availbe on saturday or sanwiches then breakfast in morning and dinner at lunch time on sunday sandwiches soft drinks chocolate bars, crisps red bull ,fruit will all be availble to buy on site please feel free to let me know what type of food you would prefer and i will pass it on to caterer to try and accomadate you ther will be a charge for food as this is being done by a friend of mine but it wont be to expensive a price list will follow once i have met the caterer .i need to know if you want food by 6 pm tommorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Is there a list of games that are happening or a schedule of events?

Food wise, I dunno, I'm not fussy, sorry for the useless feedback :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

I want food.
    Can i shoot it?

• Advertisement

Hearty, healthy hot food please. A bit of meat and some roasted veg should be cheap and also good eating. Dinner, breakfast and Sunday lunch? We're finishing at 4 or so, right?

Another question, what should we bring ourselves? I'm assuming I'll be bringing bottled water and some food. And some bottles of Erdinger N/A for after the games - no hangover for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

I wouldnt mind the usual. ie. chips, burgers, hotdogs, all fully customisable with sauce, cheese etc...
    Its always worked in the past.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Ye wont go wrong with some meaty goodness, as long as it aint to expensive ill buy food, considering that your about 10-15 min from portumna people will use he service (if you really want to make a killing just ban bbq's :p:p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Ye wont go wrong with some meaty goodness, as long as it aint to expensive ill buy food, considering that your about 10-15 min from portumna people will use he service (if you really want to make a killing just ban bbq's :p:p)

10 15 mins by helo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

guys full face protection isnt necessary for this is it?

:cool::cool::cool:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

if it isnt , i'd strongly recommend it. esp for night games by all accounts.
    martin did you bbs / chrono come in ?
    if you need to i can lend you our one .

kevteljeur wrote: »
    Hearty, healthy hot food please. A bit of meat and some roasted veg should be cheap and also good eating. Dinner, breakfast and Sunday lunch? We're finishing at 4 or so, right?
    +1 Decent food is well worth it

We'll also have our chrono at the event if its necessary to help with chronoing everyones stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMC

Just to make sure, do you guys have a rule on mandatory full face masks or are goggles ok across the board?

EDIT: sorry, just seen blays post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

save the Forces a post-
    lads rules from page 1-

1. There is to be no alcoholic drinks and or drugs consumed prior to or during the Saturday Night Games or at any time on Sunday. Anyone caught doing so will be dismissed from the site without refund.
    2. All Eye protection will be of the fully enclosed type. IE The totally encompass the eye with no gaps for BB's to fit through.Anyone found wearing non regulation eye-wear during or before a game will not be allowed to play until they obtain regulation eye-wear. You have plenty of time to sort this out so do not come down with bog standard safety glasses.
    3. There will be no firring of guns, dry firring or otherwise, in the safe area, car parks or camping area. Although the safe area will be marked, if you are not sure just ask.
    4. A chronograph will be on-site but part of G-TAC's Terms and Conditions are that the player acknowledges responsibility to ensure that their equipment is with in spec. Random checks of guns will be done before and after games. Anyone not sure that their gun is firring with in spec can have it checked. Anybody found using an out of spec gun will be dismissed from the site without refund and be reported to the IAA.
    5. Due to the high amount of participants expected, it may be necessary to have 2 or 3 games going at once, but every attempt will be made to keep periods of non play to a minimum.
    6. Please read the G-TAC Terms and Conditions and print out, read and sign the G-TAC Waiver of Liability form prior to arrival at the site. All players must sign the Waiver prior to to been allowed to play.
    7. The age for playing at G-TAC is
    12-14 Only accompanied by a playing parent or guardian
    14-16 Only with Parental Consent and accompanied by a verifiable telephone number.

horgan_p wrote: »
    if it isnt , i'd strongly recommend it. esp for night games by all accounts.
    martin did you bbs / chrono come in ?
    if you need to i can lend you our one .

Thanks, Chrono arrived today with a few other bits and pieces. BB's should be coming tomorrow. Thanks though, offer appreciated.

blay1 wrote: »
    guys full face protection isnt necessary for this is it?

:cool::cool::cool:
    NMC wrote: »
    Just to make sure, do you guys have a rule on mandatory full face masks or are goggles ok across the board?

EDIT: sorry, just seen blays post.

It is mandatory that your eye wear fully encompass your eyes allowing no spaces for a BB to get through and they must be secure around your eyes. I will have full face masks to rent if anyone wants one.

These are not allowed

This type is prefered

This type are acceptable

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

wahey! im goin to the gathering., :D

anyway, whats this bout a dublin convoy heading down? is there a place pre arranged for us all to meet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭JohnReisman

Might be an idea. I'd say Liffey Valley should be a good meeting point. One point though and no offence to anyone, convoying can be very dangerous unless you have experienced drivers.

Does anybody know what the Japanese and Chinese fire drills are???

They are things done among those that work in the indy wrestling scene.

The Japanese fire drill is where at a red light everybody jumps out of the car, runs around it fully once and gets into a different seat than where they started. Two drivers needed.

The Chinese is where there are two cars and everybody changes car but cannot sit in the equivalent seat from where they started.

Yeah, I was young and foolish once. But it was fun.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

waheyy! i wanna try that!., :D

we'll all get nicked before we even get out of dublin.,lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

looks like the convoy is off it was mentioned in the transport thread

Arrrgh! I'm up for following, but there'll be no nonsense in or around my car whatsoever (sorry to my passengers, but safety first!). As you'll see from the transport thread, I was talked into taking the M7 because apparently it is the faster route by a comfortable margin, and we're meeting up at 12 outside Cabra. I guess we'll be cruising by the Mad Cow at about 12.25 or so if the traffic behaves.

We're looking at a pit-stop in Portlaoise depending on how we're feeling. Might not be needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

OK will be down in Portumna Friday night with my mate for beers, so if any are around we can meet up :)

Might be an idea. I'd say Liffey Valley should be a good meeting point. One point though and no offence to anyone, convoying can be very dangerous unless you have experienced drivers.

Does anybody know what the Japanese and Chinese fire drills are???

They are things done among those that work in the indy wrestling scene.

The Japanese fire drill is where at a red light everybody jumps out of the car, runs around it fully once and gets into a different seat than where they started. Two drivers needed.

The Chinese is where there are two cars and everybody changes car but cannot sit in the equivalent seat from where they started.

Yeah, I was young and foolish once. But it was fun.
    Lol that sounds...Interesting :D

Seems there is a good chance of rain this weekend, don't forget your waterproofs!

• Advertisement
Advertisement