Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No WWE For us this year again :(

• 16-03-2008 12:34am

WWE Survivor Series Tour Announced

WWE will be holding Raw house shows on September 27th at the Bercy Arena in Paris, France and November 13th at the Odyssey Arena in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
    Credit: Gerweck

Sucks. the point would be open by then wouldnt it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Belfast is not that far from Co Louth. Surely its all the one so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

You can all thank your neighbours for this.

The next time someone tries to build a stadium or arena, think about this.

gimmick wrote: »
    Belfast is not that far from Co Louth. Surely its all the one so?

But because its northern Ireland, there's more hassle involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Seems not so long ago people were saying they were coming too much, i know i was starting to feel that way. The novelty was wearing a little thin maybe,judgin by poor atmosphere at the last few shows i saw in the point anyways.

I still remember when they came to belfast back in 2003, it was the first time on irish soil in years and tajiri was first guy thro the curtains and the place went NUTS, purely cos it was like "OH MY GOD! A REAL-LIFE WWE WRESTLER!" I'd say tajiri didnt know what hit him! :D:D

Anyways hopefully it'll have that kind of affect when the point re-opens and they return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Such as what? Getting an increasingly better exchange rate from € to £? Meh, The Point is a dump anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

the reception john cena received at the last WWE show in the point (the second night) i thought was amazing, particularly at the end

that show was only a few months back (June 2007 if i remember correctly)

Gimmick is right though, Belfast is only up the road so stop complaining :p, people from sligo, limerick, kerry, donegal etc travel to dublin all the time to see the WWE perform in the smelly old warehouse in the docklands. The odyssey is a top class facility

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I've travelled from Limerick 4 times to see wwe, and am flying to america for the 2nd time in 11 days for a show, stop whinging! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

I've been to every Odyssey arena event since the Point closed & i'm going again in April. I'll be definetly going in November.Tix on sale April 12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

gimmick wrote: »
    The Point is a dump anyways.

This time next year it won't be.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

yea i think the Point will be open some time in November. we could be really lucky and get a tv taping since it will hold 14,000 so it could work out

• Advertisement

I'm not very georgraphical.

Can you use € in Northern Ireland?

yea i think the Point will be open some time in November. we could be really lucky and get a tv taping since it will hold 14,000 so it could work out

Yeah.. but getting decent tickets would be a miracle.

Even with house shows, i Q for up to 12 hours, and still get sh!tty tickets. Its a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Even with house shows, i Q for up to 12 hours, and still get sh!tty tickets. Its a joke.

Whenever I was going to a show in the Point I just waited online for 10 minutes and I always got the seats I wanted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm not very georgraphical.

Can you use € in Northern Ireland?

Yeah.. but getting decent tickets would be a miracle.

12 hours?! never hear of ticketmaster.ie? i got 8th row ringside last year first time i tried

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

Fozzy wrote: »
    Whenever I was going to a show in the Point I just waited online for 10 minutes and I always got the seats I wanted

Same here. Waited for less than 5 minutes online for tickets and they arrived in the post 2 days later!!:D Happy days!!
    :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

is there a bus that goes from belfast at night time (after the show) to Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I know for sure that there are night buses from Dublin to Belfast, I assume they go the other way too

Advertisement